
I just realized that a year and two days ago was when I started this blog! A lot happens in a year, and looking back, I am so thankful for how we have grown as a family and where God has brought us on our journey together. With that in mind, I thought I would make my 10 Things Tuesday post about things that I'm thankful for over the past year.
- I'm thankful that God has really provided for us financially over the past year. Around this time last year we were sitting in a bankruptcy court because our business had to shut down, and the owners of the building we were leasing decided to sue for the remainder of our five year lease. We had no other options but to file bankruptcy. God is so faithful though, and He provided the means for us to survive through my husband's Realty license.
- I'm thankful that we didn't lose our home in the bankruptcy. We have a roof over our heads and that's more than I can say for many Americans in this unstable economy.
- I'm thankful for the time that we have been able to spend together as a family over the last year. I know that at times it felt crazy but as a Realtor my husband set his own hours so we were often able to enjoy the pleasure of his company here at home.
- I am thankful that it never got so bad that I had to get a job outside the home, but that God provided ways for me to supplement our income through watching a friend's boys. I only had the privilege of watching them for a short time, but they were wonderful and I'd watch them again in a heartbeat!
- I am thankful for my growing children. Only one child left to potty train! We've had lots of new stages here at our house. BC started Kindergarten. RL and JS have both lost teeth. Kids have learned to swim, and oh, talk!!! It's been so fun to listen to CD come up with more and more words every day! We also finally put him in a toddler bed. LR (4) is already reading some words and writing her name. They are growing up so fast!
- I am thankful that in His perfect timing God brought worship leading back into my husband's life. He started at the Airforce Base Chapel as the worship leader. Although this wasn't his ideal job, it sufficed to get him doing what he loves again. It was a perfect transition for what was to come.
- I am so very thankful that God led us to Mirabeau Chapel. There were actually two jobs that we were looking at, but God clearly closed the one door and paved the way for my DH to go back to full time ministry. The road was rough and the journey long, but there was much to be learned along the way. I thank God for where he has brought my DH to today. He is clearly where he belongs.
- I am thankful for lifelong friends. During our journey, we have had the support of close friends by our side. They have shared our pain, and walked with us through a difficult season. Many have prayed for us and I cannot express how thankful I am for this. And for their loyalty. And for their patience. And for their understanding. But mostly for their prayers.
- I am thankful for new friends. I have made many encouraging friends since I started this blog. Some are mothers, some are grandmothers, some are just beginning their journey in marriage. I am thankful for them all. I have treasured their encouraging words and look forward to getting to know them better. I am also thankful for the friends I have already made at our new church and how they have tried to make our transition as easy as possible. Baskets, cards, and warm words of welcome have helped our family feel at home.
- I couldn't go without giving thanks to our extended family also for the support they have been to us in the past year. Parents, brothers and sisters, grandparents...they have all stood by our side as we walked through a tough time. We couldn't have made it through this past year without their listening ears, helpful advice and generous giving. We are so lucky to have such loving family surrounding us!
I have really enjoyed blogging my thoughts this past year. It started out as a place to record what matters to this family but it has become so much more. Thanks for sharing the journey! I look forward to sharing what God brings our way in the year to come.
"We give thanks to you, O God, we give thanks, for your Name is near; men tell of your wonderful deeds." Psalm 75:1
4 comments:
This was fabulous. I alway enjoy stopping by. Yo have an amazing faith, this is why I follow. I can learn sooooo much form you. Thanks.
Wow, what a year! So much has happened in your family and your life! I wish I had sat down at the end of each year to recap, even bullet points, because I've forgotten so much and I hate that. It's so good to remember the faithfulness of the Lord, through the hard times and the good times.
I pray that your second year of blogging will be doubly blessed!
I love your blog...and glad that we've finally connected through blogging! I always saw your kids and your hubbie at church but never you! Funny, huh?
My pictures are up...the pussywillows aren't as full as I like them to be (I LOVE those fuzzy grey things!!)
big hugs to you
COngratulations on your One year post. I love your posts. They are uplifting and encouraging and show your faith.
In Him,
Beth
Post a Comment