Thursday, February 19, 2009

What Can $15.70 Buy?

A Full Pantry! Thanks to Albertson's, and a little help from a friend over at Frugal Chic Living! Today I became a fan of coupons and planned out, bulk buying. Albertson's is running their "buy 10, get $10 off your next order" sale this week. There are over 250 products to choose from. I happen to like soup, so most of my purchases were Progresso. The trick is to complete separate transactions so that your $10 off your next order rolls over into the next group of items. DON'T try doing this at a busy time of day! It will just frustrate you, the clerk, and all the people in line behind you. I went at 9:00am. Here's what I got for my money:
  • 26 Cans of Progresso Soup
  • 8 Cans of Pillsbury Grands Biscuits
  • 6 Boxes of Fruit Snacks
  • 7 Cake Mixes
  • 3 Tubs of Frosting

Plus I ended my trip with yet another $10 off coupon so really, I've spent $5.70! Now that's what I call a bargain shopping trip! For more details visit Frugal Chic Living. It's worth the time to fill your pantry but not empty your pockets! : )

1 comment:

Les & Sweetie Berry said...

You go girl! I am always so enthusiastic when I can pull off a bargain...we were into "frugal" long before it was popular, but so many in my home state of Arkansas have been doing more with less so I was reared to believe it can be done if one is careful! So enjoy your blog!
hugs hugs hugs!
Sweetie