Thursday, February 12, 2009

Company Girl Coffee 2.13 - A Sticky Situation!




The first thing I thought of when I read Rachel Anne's post on "Sticky", was the song from Friends "Sticky Shoes." It cracks me up every time I hear it. I do happen to have a couple pair of shoes with something "sticky" on the bottom of them waiting to be cleaned...but that's not what I did for yesterday's points. That wouldn't qualify me for the silly points. And I LOVE being silly with my kids and getting points while doing it! So we had to come up with something fun to do yesterday together.

My three oldest kids have Valentine's Parties at school today so we decided to make Valentines together. They also all came home with suckers...which are sticky all by themselves...but I won't go there! Anyway, we worked on cards for each of their classmates and so that my youngest two didn't feel left out, they got a package of Valentines also, which came with...you guessed it, stickers!

Now my kids seem to be going through this phase where they put stickers all over their bodies. Anyone been there??? The other day when they were ready to go to school I happened to glance over and they each had at least a half a dozen stickers on their hands. I find stickers in their beds and other places that stickers definitely do not belong. It frustrates me beyond belief to find them in my washer/dryer because they didn't get removed before being put in the laundry basket.

I have to say though, a two year old covered in stickers, is pretty silly! I wish I would have taken pictures. You'll just have to use your imagination. It was funny enough to make my anger melt away and have a good laugh instead. I'm sure you've had moments like that. I'm so glad I was able to maintain self control, enjoy the moment, and laugh with all my kids. Laughing managed to get me out of a very "sticky" situation!

"A fool gives vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control." -Proverbs 29:11

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Thanks for the coffee, Melissa! :) I loved your story about the sticky shoes - you're right - that wouldn't have been silly OR fun! If you've never tried it, I highly recommend Holy Cow spray cleanser products. They're cheap ($2 at Walmart, $3-4 at Walgreens), organic, biodegradable, and seem to work for everything I need. The pink spray should take any "sticky" right off!

Are you completely recovered from last week's procedure?

Enjoy your Valentine's Day!

Erin said...

LOL! A friend would give her children stickers during church so they would play quietly. They always put the stickers on her, can you imagine what that looked like leaving church. Kids love stickers!

Mommahen said...

I can SOOO relate to the gray hairs! I've taken to coloring my hair myself--which terrified me in the beginning, but it's not so bad now. PLUS, it's much cheaper. But the verses you shared were certainly comforting.

My guys love band-aids. Band-aids healed EVERYTHING when they were younger. And the kiddo's at church will practically jump through hoops to get stickers. Maybe I need to make that an incintive here. Thanks for inviting us over.

Rachel Anne said...

Oh yeah! My kids loved stickers! The last time I took my daughter to the pediatrician (she was 18), she asked if she was going to get to pick out a sticker...and we laughed a little sadly for those bygone days when a sticker meant the WORLD!

Stamping is another form of body art, as well as markers.

I'm HATING the battle with the gray hair. Ugh. The home kits are pretty cheap and they do work pretty well. I use the root touch up kits for in between the professional jobs (which are few and far between). But your thoughts about gray hair in your post are really good....I guess I should see them as a blessing, right??

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

I have a sticker addiction. I always need to buy them whenever I pass by...haha...I'm not as bad about it these days, but Melody loves them too. She doesn't stick them to stuff...yet. If you give her one, she just holds it inbetween her fingers. I would have loved to see that photo of the sticker-covered 2-yr-old though. hehe