Sunday, February 15, 2009

Siesta Scripture Memory Verse 2.15.09

"You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord is the Rock eternal." -Isaiah 26:3-4

I am going to continue with my theme of trust this month. This is a verse that I have always turned to when I need to be reminded who to put my trust in, but have never quite memorized it. I love how it repeats the Lord's name twice at the end. Repeating His name twice just drives home the importance of placing my trust in Him. The Lord, The Lord is the Rock eternal! No one deserves my trust more than Him. I want to trust Him to the core of my being. I want perfect peace! So every time my mind begins to wander, when I begin to think negative thoughts, or when I start down the slippery slope of distrust, I will meditate on this verse.

Perfect peace. Steadfast mind. Trust in the Lord. He is the Rock eternal. Amen!

No comments: