Welcome! Sorry for you coffee lovers this morning...I'm serving tea. I'm having a procedure done on my ankle this morning and one of the instructions was to have only clear liquids after midnight. I am having a "Nevus" removed today. I had a mole removed back in August and it came back with some rather shady results so they wanted to go back in and take out another 5mm border. My dermatologist called it a "mole gone bad." It's not skin cancer, but they wanted to be sure to get it all out before it gets to that stage. All that to say, I learned an important lesson. I will be watching my moles for change, and be mindful of new moles. And I will be having an over all skin check up once a year now, just like my annual physical. I'll let you know how the procedure goes.
Let's see...on to feeling like a woman! I am on board with that! My husband bought me a special manicure kit for Christmas. I'm not a big nail polish fan, but boy does this buffer make my nails shine! No application necessary! Then I finish it up with some very luxurious hand lotion made with ingredients from the dead sea. That's exactly what I intend to do when I get home from the hospital today. : ) Flirty is fun too, though I'll have to wait and see how I feel for the outrageous!
Well, I need to get on with my morning. Thanks for stopping by this week. I'll be seeing you! Have a blessed weekend!
-Melissa
UPDATE: The procedure went off without a hitch and now I will be the proud owner of an inch long scar. I have two layers of dissolvable stitches. I talked with the doctor about his vacation the entire time he was working on my ankle and watched most of it. Thanks for your prayers!
9 comments:
Hot tea is great this morning, Melissa, especially since there is white stuff coming down again. I hope the procedure goes well. Thanks for the reminder to have things checked out. I have a big spot that I think has always been a birth mark but my dear cousin who is a nurse practioner thinks otherwise. Time to get it checked out. I'm waiting patiently (NOT!) for the dr's office to open. I am FUSSY today....having to stay off this foot is making me want to do the opposite. It'll be a good day to read and perhaps do some rubberstamping.
Hope all goes well, Melissa. And have fun with the manicure stuff. I don't like nail polish either, but I have one of those buffers, too! They really do make your nails look like you've painted them with clear polish.
Maybe after your procedure, you could give your husband the small thing to do for you...and give you a massage or something. :)
I hope everything is ok with your skin! I worry about moles and such in our family...we are all so fair, and living in Texas, the sun is very strong. What I don't like is getting NEW moles...I have enough already and now, where are these little guys coming from??? Age and sun exposure, I guess.
Thanks for the tea....hope you have a great weekend. I don't know if I'll get my outrageous points today (kids home from college and all) but I think I've earned my regular flirty points already. Just doin what I can....
Prayers that your hospital visit goes ok! Be sure to do that manicure when you get home for a little relaxation. :)
Thanks for the tea, Melissa - it hit the spot. I'm praying that your procedure goes (went?) well and the doctors were able to get a wide margin and give you peace of mind. Have a blessed weekend!!
Hope all goes well with the procedure. I'm headed to the dermatologists on Monday for an all over check-up. My first one and probably overdue.
Enjoy the manicure set. The lotion for the hands sound just want mine need, dry winter skin and all that.
Love tea! Thanks.
Glad things went smoothly, and I hope recovery goes well too.
Now I want a buffer.
I love tea...in fact I met my mom and sister at a tea shop for lunch today.....it was lovely! Glad your procedure went well!
Glad to hear that your procedure went so well. I have one of those nail buffer things too aren't they great?
Have a good weekend!
Post a Comment