
Come on in! Grab a cup of coffee and make yourself comfortable. I promise I won't sing. I just thought the song was very appropriate for what I want to share today. Rachel Anne's song and post really got me to thinking about my sister and since it's her birthday tomorrow I thought I would have her as my special guest at Company Girl Coffee this week. She is, after all, my original Company Girl!
My sister is my best friend. We are two and a half years apart in age, but the older we get, the more that fades. We are very much alike, but both very unique individuals. That's what makes our bond so special. Like any other close friends, we have our inside jokes, songs that we reminisce to, and favorite things that we share. On that "note" (sorry for the pun...well, no, not really!) I would like to list a few of our "favorite things."
- Movies: The Sound of Music, Singin' in the Rain, White Christmas,The Muppet Movie, Vision Quest, Top Gun, any Lethal Weapon Movie, Grease
- Music: My Favorite Things, Sisters, Chicago, Carpenters, Carly Simon, Beach Boys, pretty much anything 80's!, Friends (Michael W. Smith)
- Foods: Homemade Mac and Cheese! Fried Potatoes and Bacon
- Memories: Roller Barn, Parades, Tulip Festivals, Camping at Deception Pass, Visiting Grandma and Grandpa on the Oregon Coast
- Activities we did together growing up: Girl Scouts, Theta Rho, Wrestling Cheerleaders, Baton (remember that, sis?), Gymnastics
- Flower: Tulips
I could go on and on down memory lane, but we'd run out of coffee! Suffice it to say, I love my sister. She called me up just the other day to tell me that she heard a song that reminded her of me. We roll like that. We could talk on the phone for hours about everything, and nothing. That's what sisters do. I am so lucky to have her. And I can't wait until the next time I get to see her.
Thanks, sis for always being there for me. Even though we are miles apart with mountains between us, you will always and forever remain in my heart, my best friend! I love you! Have a great Birthday! :)
Thank you, Company Girls, for allowing me to share from my heart how special my sister is to me. Glad you came for coffee and I look forward to visiting with you more through out the weekend!
-Melissa
9 comments:
"we roll like that" LMAO!
Great post!
I love your blog! What would I do without my sister? I need to try for another girl. I feel so sorry for my daughter. Do you know Always Sisters by Cece Winan?
I feel the same way. I wish my daughter had a sister and if I could get my husband to agree to a fourth child I'd go for it.
Awww - this was precious!!! I have two sisters and we can get together and laugh for hours. Great idea to honor your sister for coffee today - I will likely "steal" the idea when it's my sisters' birthdays! Have a blessed weekend!
I love my sisters. We can sit around and laugh our heads off about nothing for hours! I am miles away from mine, too, and I miss them terribly! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for stopping by. And thanks for sharing about your close relationship with your sister. That's so precious.
Have a great weekend!
Thanks for sharing that! I don't have a sister, but my mom and I are extremely close! She sold her house and moved to OKC to be near me. LOL
That is great!! I love my siblings!!! My younger sister and I are probably the closest, and we could stay up talking into the wee hours...even now that we don't even share a bedroom. haha I really hope for my kids to grow up with their siblings as their best friends. Thanks for stopping by and praying for us.
What a great sister! It sounds like you have a wonderful relationship...the memories make everything so special. I'm like you, I couldn't write a list without having several cups of coffee because it would take so long. Sometimes it's just a "look" or gesture that cracks my sister and I up!
Just think how your girls are forming their own special memories....
Post a Comment