
"A woman is like a teabag- only in hot water do you realize how strong she is." Nancy Reagan
Good morning! Or for some of you, good afternoon! Grab a cup of your favorite tea. I read this quote on my calendar this morning and had to share it. In fact, it is very appropriate for me this week, and this month in general. If you had come by for coffee yesterday, you would have found me tired, frustrated, and not up for company. But today I am singing a different tune! That's what a good night's sleep and a prayerful attitude can do for you. : )
I will spare you the details and instead, share one of my favorite moments this week. Last night after dinner I popped in my son's library video. I was desperate for the kids to settle down and be quiet. Are any of you familiar with the book "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day?" It's one of my favorites. Well, evidently, they made a movie of it! :) Not only that, but they put songs to it!
Picture me, cuddling with my five kiddos, watching this video. It was perfect. For 29 minutes we watched and laughed together as we chanted with Alexander "I'm having a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day! I think I'll move to Australia." By the end of the video I was in a much better mood. I didn't even mind so much that I've come down with pink eye, my youngest has the flu, and Mt. Washmore is taking over again. Because some days are just like that...even in Australia.
8 comments:
What a perfect way to spend some time with the kiddos.
It is a cold and grey day here in VA so I made some extra coffee. I'm on the last bit, but wishing I made a cup of tea instead. Too much caffine is not a good thing.
I love that book too and often need the reminder as well! I'm so glad you were able to refocus and spend some time enjoying your kids!
I love the Nancy Reagan quote. And you're going to love studying Esther with Beth Moore! Thanks for stopping by my blog.
I wish the Alexander movie had been out when my Alex was little. We loved that book, too! I may have to watch the movie anyway.
I love that book! I will have to find that movie. I didn't know there was one either. I need to watch that one myself...my day has turned a little south.
Sorry I'm coming over for teas so late in the day, decaf. I love Nancy Reagan's quote.
I also love your post about church. Sometimes I feel like I'll lose my religion before I even get to church, with two kids. I am ptobably too happy to drop then off in Sunday school.LOL! Have a great weekend!
Glad you are doing better today. Sometimes we just need a moment.
I didn't know they made a movie...I think my sister would enjoy that. It was a favorite when she was younger, and she's a teacher.
Hope your weekend will be fabulous too!
I have many, many days like Alexander! Comes with the territory of parenting 4 spec needs teens! Thanks for stopping by my blog.....Out of our 9 children 7 of them are adopted thru our fostering , just the first 2 are our birth children.....many people thought we were crazy, but it was just the Lord's plan.....
I hope your no-good day got better...I could just picture you reading together..so apropos.
Such great devotional thoughts on your scripture memorization! I've really slacked off recently, and need to AT LEAST do my own monthly verses!Many of them have naturally become memorized, but the ones that take work....not so much.
I'm slow in getting around for coffee, having been gone all weekend. Will have to finish making my rounds tomorrow!
Post a Comment