March already? Wow. That means Spring is just around the corner. Yippeeeeee! I can't wait to open all of my windows and let in some fresh air!
At the moment, my thoughts are drawn to a verse on a bracelet I am wearing today. It is Ecc. 4:9-12 "Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone? Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."
The words on my bracelet are "Better Together." I have to admit that in the past I have had a "do it yourself" mentality. It is the hardest thing for me to accept help when I am in need. Take, for instance, this past weekend. First, my 3yr old dd got the flu so I was up all night with her Friday. Plus I have been very sick with a cold and not up to my usual routine. I spent most of Saturday and Sunday on the couch trying to recover. My DH has been so understanding and did most of the cooking and cleaning all weekend. But each time he started in on something, I tried to get up and help. He just told me to go lay back down and rest. Would you believe that was the last thing I wanted to do? For me to just lay around while someone else does the hard work is like pulling teeth! I'll help others all day long, but accepting help for myself is for some reason difficult.
I'm always telling my kids "just ask for help, that's what mommy and daddy are here for!" I guess I should take a little of my own advice once in a while! I'm still feeling a little under the weather, but with my husband's help, we made it through the weekend. Just goes to show you that life really is "Better Together."
1 comment:
I'm so glad you are feeling better. Way to go DH and helping and making sure you got the rest you needed.
Post a Comment