


Bottom: "Boy am I glad that's done!"
Today I added another "qualification" to my job description as a mom. Hair stylist. A professional, I am not. I cut my youngest son's hair for the first time. There are a lot of reasons I have been putting off this task. My number one reason was that I was afraid I would botch it! Ok. So I confess that's not really my number one reason. He's 15 months old...it's not like it's going to scar him for life if he gets a bad hair cut.
The real reason is because the first cut is always the clincher for me that he's not a baby anymore. I cut off those cute baby curls on the back of his head, and those long baby strands on top that have been there since he was born. Call me sentimental, but I saved the curls. I will put them in his baby book and some day he will probably shake his head at me and say "oh mom, why'd you save my hair?"
My last born may be moving into toddlerhood, but in my heart he'll always be my baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment