Over the weekend I did an inventory of what I had in my pantry and made a list of what I needed to re-stock after a long, hard winter. My shelves were looking pretty empty! With list and coupons in hand, I headed out to do my shopping on Saturday. I had three stops I wanted to make. Three hours later, I was home with a mass of groceries to be put away. Soon, my shelves were stalked again, and I felt better.
I say all this with a point in mind, not about groceries, but about the condition of my heart. The question came to mind "Is my spiritual pantry empty?" Yes. It's been a long, hard, winter both physically and emotionally here. I don't mind admitting that I am one hungry woman! Not for food, but for a fresh filling of the Holy Spirit; for the Word of God to fill me up again.
Paul refers to the Word as "solid food" in Hebrews 5:14. Jesus said in Matthew 4:4 "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.' "
I am glad that when my shelves are empty, He is there to supply me with the spiritual food that I need. As I stop and take inventory, He is ready and waiting to re-stock the pantry in my heart to overflowing once again.
No comments:
Post a Comment