"I'm not ever gonna do ______ (insert the current thing she's in trouble for) again Mommy!"
This is my three year old daughter's new favorite phrase. In the past few days she has spilled rice all over the floor, helped herself to an entire package of graham crackers, colored on the dining room floor with red crayon, dipped her little fingers into the cinnamon sugar/brown sugar tub, and devoured the rest of her sister's chocolate Easter bunny.
I prayed for patience, so God brought me more situations to practice patience. Funny how it works that way. As I think back on the way I have handled moments like these in the past though, I realize that my patience really is growing. I am learning to discipline my daughter in a firm, but gentle way. I am also learning to be consistent and not get frustrated when she tests me again, and again...and again.
1 Corinthians 13:4 "Love is patient..."
No comments:
Post a Comment