- I am grateful for the privilege to vote. Women haven't always been given that right, and although I am only one vote, I take that responsibility seriously, knowing that even one vote can make a difference.
- I am thankful that no matter what the outcome of the election today, ultimately, God is in control. Proverbs 16:33 "The lot is cast into the lap, but its every decision is from the LORD."
- I am thankful for generations past that are responsible for our freedom today.
- I am thankful for the dedicated men and women that lead this nation today. I may not always be on the same page as them, or have the same beliefs as them, but they are willing to work hard to ensure that our freedom as Americans stays in tact.
- I am thankful that we, here in America, still have the right to worship in public. There are some countries that do not allow it.
- My gratitude goes out to the many volunteers in our Church that make Kids' Church happen. It is an honor to team up with them in teaching my children about God.
- I am grateful for the freedom and opportunity to talk with my kids about gratitude this month. Deut. 11:18-19 "Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up."
- I am thankful for good teachers that work hard to ensure that my children get a proper education, and for the public school system that is still free.
- I am grateful that even in hard economic times, we still have a roof over our heads, food on our table, and clothes on our backs.
- I am thankful that not only do I have freedom as a citizen of the United states, but I will always have freedom in Christ here on earth and forever in heaven. John 8:36 "So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed."
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
With Gratitude
When I learned the "Virtue of the Month" in church on Sunday for Kids' Church, I could hardly wait for 10 Things Tuesday. This month my kids will be learning about Gratitude. Their memory verse for week one is "Give thanks to the Lord, because He is good. His faithful love continues forever." 1 Chronicles 16:34 (NirV) I look forward to talking with my children about the many ways we can express gratitude. Today I will focus on some of the things I am thankful for as a citizen of the United States.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh yes, thank God for freedom. Thank You Jesus for setting us free. Great list!
Great post!
I've tagged you on my blog...just good fun, check it out!
Great list! We do have a lot to be thankful for!
Jessica
Wow! this is an awsome list. We do need to remember that in every situation God is in control.
I've tagged you on my blog.
This is so similar to my list this week! Great minds...
Glad to finally be able to stop by for a proper visit! Have I asked you yet how you came across my blog and "Ten Things Tuesday"? I am always curious to know. My apologies if you've already answered. It's been a madhouse playing catch-up!
Have a blessed week!
Post a Comment