Sunday, November 30, 2008

Not Me Monday


It's time for another round of Not Me Monday! I'm happy to participate because it gives me a good laugh to look at the things I did not do this past week! : )

I did not spend my time on the computer all afternoon yesterday instead of preparing in advance to start a new week/month today! I did not let my children play the Wii all afternoon so that I could just relax.

I did not get sarcastic with my 6 year old son who has no idea what sarcasm is and then burst out into laughter when he gave me a funny look.

I did not threaten my boys with consequences for arguing all weekend and then not follow through. When I finally did decide to follow through, I did not blow my top and yell at the top of my lungs.

I did not leave one last pile of leaves in the back yard sitting there for so long that it snowed. They are not soggy now that the snow has melted and won't be a pain to rake up before the next snow.

I did not clean my coffee pot and get it all set up, timer on, for this morning but forget to put water in it, nearly ruining my coffee pot. Yawn. I think I need some more sleep!

Lastly, I did not speed up beyond the legal speed limit on my way to church because there was a male driver in the opposite lane who wanted to be ahead of me going over the hill. The conversation with my son did not go something like this:

Son: "Mommy, how fast are you going?"
Me: "I'm just trying to get by this driver, son, it's ok."
Son: "Mommy, you're going to go to jail for going over the speed limit."
Me: "No, son, I would just get a ticket." (You'd think that after hearing the words come out of my mouth, I'd slow down.)
Son: "What's a ticket?"
Me: "You have to pay money for driving too fast."
Son: "Then you should slow down so you don't go to jail and have to pay a ticket!"

Now, my 6 year old son is quite a jokester, so that last part was accompanied by giggles from the entire van load, but I did not join in the laughter and then slow my speed just to make him feel better!

Speaking of feel better, that was fun! Try it! Just visit Not Me Monday and give it a whirl! : )

1 comment:

LucieP said...

oh gotta love boys! My son is the same way ! He is getting a Wii and I am looking forward to that!
The leaves will turn into good compost, right?!