Tuesday, November 11, 2008

10 Things Tuesday


In celebration of my 4yr old's birthday, I will be writing my 10 things about her today! : ) Happy Birthday kiddo! You'll always be my Care Bear! I love you very much.
  1. Four years ago today I was blessed with my fourth child. I love her so much. I am so thankful that she was born.
  2. I love her smile. There's something mischievous behind it. It's very contagious. I am so thankful that she can make me smile, especially when I'm feeling down.
  3. I am thankful that she is content to play by herself or entertain her little brother when I need to get some things done around the house.
  4. She's very curious. Always wondering how things work and asking lots of questions. I am thankful for her desire to learn.
  5. I am thankful for hugs and kisses! Any time I get ready to go out the door, and every morning when her daddy gets ready to go out the door, she runs with open arms yelling "hugs and kisses!"
  6. I am thankful that the first thing she wanted to do this morning after opening her presents was share her puzzle with her brothers and sister. What a sweet thing to do!
  7. I am thankful for and amazed at the imagination she has! She doesn't need a lot of toys. She takes what she has and turns it into whatever she wants to play. I love to watch her and sometimes play along.
  8. I am thankful for her love of music. She loves all different kinds of music and wants to listen to music all day long.
  9. She adores her big sister. I am so thankful that she was born a girl...and I'm sure her sister is too! Even with three years between them, they love to play princess and have tea parties and retreat to their room to play together away from the boys. I'm so thankful they get along the way they do.
  10. Most of all, I'm thankful for the God given gift of raising this precious child. She is so dear to my heart, as are all of my other children.

Thank you, Lord, for the gift You've given me in each of my children. I am reminded with every birthday of the incredible privilege of being a parent. You answered my prayers for children, just as You did for Hannah. For this, my heart rejoices in You.

-1 Samuel 2:21 "And the LORD was gracious to Hannah; she conceived and gave birth to three sons and two daughters."

4 comments:

Andrea P. said...

Happy Birthday LR! We love you!

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

What a sweet list! Happy birthday to your little one!

samantha said...

That is so sweet. You are so blessed with five wounderful children. They are so adorable. Happy Birthday to LR.

Esthermay Bentley-Goossen said...

Beautiful Tribute to a precious girl! Our work as moms is ETERNAL! You correctly show that it is indeed a PRIVILEGE to have them.
God Bless 4 Year-Old and her MOM!
Kindest Thoughts,
~esthermay