Saturday, November 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandma!

This is a little late, (due to some unavoidable events this week) but I wanted to say a special Happy Birthday to my 95 year old Grandma! I admire her greatly for her strength and determination. She is 95, but still going strong. She lives on her own, still cooks for herself, knits, sews, and gardens. Those are only a few of the things that I love about her. The more I learn about her, the more I want to be like her.

She's a faithful wife... She stood by my grandfather through thick and thin over the many years they were married. Right up to his death she loved him, and she continues to cherish him in her heart today.

Faithful mother/grandmother/great grandmother... She would do anything for each of her four children and her many grandchildren/great grandchildren. (Mine included) She has taught all of us how important it is that we stick together as a family and take care of one another.

Hardworking...From her days on the farm with my grandfather, to their property on the Oregon Coast, to the plot of land she lives on now, she knows the value of being a hard working woman.

If there is an example of a woman who lives life abundantly, it is my grandmother. I love you grandma! Happy Belated Birthday!

No comments: