I just have to say, that I have been enjoying visiting all of you for Company Girls Coffee this morning. So much, in fact, that I had to get a second cup! : ) There is a lot of wisdom and insight to glean from all of you! I love the honesty that is put into your posts and really enjoy taking time to look into your lives and get to know you a little better. It makes me feel like I'm not so alone in many areas of my life. Thanks for sharing! This Company Girl is glad you do, and I consider myself blessed to know you!
Yesterday was a very busy day for me, so I didn't get time to post until now. I want to pay special attention to this month's verse. I already posted it once, stating how much I am comforted by it, but I didn't go into why.
Zephaniah 3:17
The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.
My favorite part of that verse is "He will rejoice over you with singing." You see, I am married to a Worship Pastor. He has a lot of other gifts that God has blessed Him with, but I am not exaggerating when I say that he is truly anointed by God to lead worship. There has never been a time when God has not used him to lead me straight into the sanctuary to worship at His throne. Many times over, I have felt God's presence, and known, that even when I felt so consumed that I had no voice, He was singing over me during that sweet time of worship. Comforting me. Healing me. Quieting me with His love. He is so good that way.
I am so blessed to be married to a man who loves worship. I have always loved to sing and make music in my heart to the Lord. Ever since I was a little girl. I know that's why God gave me my DH...So that we could worship HIM together.
Today, in keeping with yesterday's small thing, I'm going to make sure that my DH has a relaxing day of fun! He deserves it!
May you feel God rejoicing over you with singing this week,
Melissa
4 comments:
Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm glad I found yours. I've been enjoying looking around.
This is a great post. I too love to worship God through music. That is my favorite way to worship Him. It is so awsome that you and your husband can worship God together through music. Being able to lead in worship is such an amazing gift, and God uses that to touch the hearts of others.
Your post made me smile - for your heart of worship, your admiration of your husband, and in honor of a God who sings over us.
I would love to hear your husband lead worship! What an amazing gift. I was on a search committee for a worship pastor for most of last year and it made me realize that it is hard to find a gifted leader who is truly anointed. The way you talk about him makes me smile....so sweet! And what a great thing for your kids to see both parents worshiping together.
Post a Comment