
This is the time of year that the word "thankful" comes to life. In school, my kids are studying the history behind Thanksgiving. In church they are learning about gratitude; expressing their thanks to others around them. At home, we are talking about being thankful for family, and for a roof over our heads, and food on our table. We are trying to teach them that Thanksgiving is not just a holiday that happens once a year. It is something that needs to happen every day.
This week my list is a little random, but I am thankful for the little things!
- I'm thankful for my new toaster from my mom. No more burned toast!
- I'm thankful for gloves, hats, and warm coats in this cold, crispy weather!
- I'm thankful my husband, who helps me pile five kids into the van in the morning so I can get them to school.
- I'm thankful for electricity. It's getting dark early here now and it's nice to have lights to turn on instead of using candles like back in pioneer days.
- I'm thankful for my washer/dryer. I may never be caught up on Mt. Washmore, but at least I am blessed with my own appliances to use while I try!
- I'm thankful for soap. It seems like we wash our hands a thousand times a day here. What would we do without antibacterial hand soap???
- I'm thankful for glasses/contacts. I can see so much more clearly with them!
- I am thankful for trash cans. Where else would all of those used kleenex go?
- I am thankful for the dishes that we have to eat on, and the dishwasher that cleans them every night. It may be half size, but that means half the amount of dishes to unload every morning!
- I am thankful for toothbrushes and toothpaste. Two of my kids went to see the dentist yesterday and everything checked out great. The dentist was impressed at how clean their teeth were for a 4 and 5 year old. :)
There you have it. I will leave you with one last thought today. I am thankful for the God-given ability to recognize and acknowledge all that I have to be thankful for! Even the little things.
I Thess. 5:18 Thank [God] in everything [no matter what the circumstances may be, be thankful and give thanks], for this is the will of God for you [who are] in Christ Jesus [the Revealer and Mediator of that will]. (Amplified Bible)
4 comments:
Mt. Washmore...that's brilliant! If only they would hurry up and design the Laundrybot 5000 to level that mountain!
I love your "random" list this week. It's all the little things that add up to huge blessings.
Nice list. It is the small things that make a big difference.
Hi Melissa!
I found your blog through the Beckham's and I'm so glad I did. I had no idea you were a 'blogger'! Loved catching up on you and your family a bit.....
Thanks for reminding me to be thankful during these crazy times!
colleen
Post a Comment