
Coffee Break!!!! It's been a busy morning. My day started by nursing a sick kiddo. Funny, didn't he just have the flu last month? If I recall correctly, he's the one who started all this illness, and now, it's come back around to him again. "What goes around, comes around." That's my BC for ya. And since it started last night, he's yesterday's cliche.
Where was I? Oh yah. Today's small thing. After I dropped my kids off at school I took my shopping list and made my way to the grocery store to beat the Thanksgiving rush. It was a great feeling to get just about everything I need for Thanksgiving dinner. I will need a few fresh items from the store as it gets closer, but I'm on the ball for the most part.
Last year I wanted to smoke a turkey but I realized that UH! OH! The turkey needs to marinate in the brine for 24 hours, and then cook for 15! That wasn't going to happen when my turkey was still frozen the day before Thanksgiving. So this year I made sure to plan in advance. My turkey is defrosting in the fridge and I have everything I need for the brine. I'll start the process on Tuesday, and by Thursday, we will have started a new family tradition. Yay! I just hope it turns out ok.
I'm taking a coffee break in between household chores and parent/teacher conferences. I scheduled all three PTC's on the same day because I wanted to get them out of the way and Fridays are my husband's day off. That means that one of us can go to the conference and the other can stay home with kiddos. Somewhere in the midst of all that, we have to pick up my brother in law at the airport. Like I said, busy day. But it sure is nice to stop and have coffee for a few minutes.
Well, it's "back to the grind" for me! Hmmm....maybe I'll go grind some more coffee! That Rachel Anne! Now she's got me doing it! : )
Enjoy your coffee girls! Have a great weekend!
7 comments:
Sounds like you still have joy in the midst of the busyness.
Never tried smoking a turkey, but I did find a new brine to use for a roasted turkey this year. Might give it a try.
Stop by for my collapsible market tote giveaway to help with those last-minute trips to the grocery store.
Thanks for stopping by!
Sorry your little one is sick, hope he gets better soon!
I didn't make the background, I found it at www.thecutestblogontheblock.com
Have a good weekend!
I hope your new turkey tradition turns out great! Happy Thanksgiving!
Turkey already thawing! Aw, man! A million points for you today! :)
I hope your son doesn't mind being yesterday's cliche. That sounds like a cliche in and of itself! I am sending up a prayer for your family so the bug won't go 'round again. That's just rough.
I made only a small dent in my own head start....so I will give it another go tomorrow. I'm going to try and "pre-clean" everything so I'll only have to give it a once over before everyone comes. Thankfully, not all 35 are overnight guests....just two from out of town and my college kids, but still: not enough beds! And that is the least of my challenges this year. Oh well, we will make the best of it.
We've been cleaning house for over a month now in prep for holiday guests. Little bit by little bit (mostly my pack rat, can't/won't throw ANYTHING away daughters room ;-) ) Now with less than a week to go, I think we'll be guest ready! Take care of your sick baby and yourself. Vitamin C, vitamin C, vitamin C!!!
wow! I'm impressed that a mom of 5 has time to remember to defrost the turkey at all!!! Good for you....Have a wonderful holiday!
colleen
It's too bad that you kid got sick. I will be praying for him to be healthy again, and for the rest of your family not to get sick. It does feel good to get a head start on holiday planning. I got everything I need for Thanksgiving last week. It does feel really good to beat the Thanksgiving rush. I am sure your turkey will turn out great. I have PTC on Monday. My husband, Eric is going to that while I stay home with the kids.
Post a Comment