Thursday, November 13, 2008

From Pumpkins to Pie

From This:
To This:
I am no Betty Crocker, but I just had to take a quick minute to share about my recent adventure in cooking with my Sister-in-Law. She and I sometimes like to take on projects together in the kitchen. One summer it was canning peaches. This fall, it happened to be making pumpkin pie from scratch.

Last month I got my kids four small pumpkins from the grocery store to decorate. When I looked on the bottom of them, there was a recipe for pumpkin pie. The recipe said "Easy Pumpkin Pie," but I am not sure it could be qualified as easy. It took us all afternoon to complete the task. The results were well worth it though. When we were done we had three delicious, made-from-scratch-with-love, pumpkin pies!

Thanks for trying something new with me La! Cooking with company is always twice as much fun! : )

3 comments:

samantha said...

That looks delicious. I am making homemade pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving, but I am going the easy route. Canned pumpkin:) Good job on making real pumpkin pie. I should try doing that. Mabey next year;)

Esthermay Bentley-Goossen said...

OH! Kudos to YOU. I have not attempted the pumkin pie from scratch in years. Quite an accomplishment.
Once done - pumpkin pie from scratch ought to be shelacked for posterity!
:-)
Kindest Thoughts,
~esthermay

Cheryl said...

Melissa, I'm so glad you like the shawl! It was fun to make and ... because I see that you're a faithful participant on the site, I was glad to see that YOU won!