Friday, January 30, 2009

Comany Girl Coffee 1.30



Well, we're at the end of another week, and only one day left in January. Thanks for taking time to drop in on me! Grab a cup of Java, or tea if you prefer. I'm drinking mine in my new church mug. It reads "Mirabeau Chapel" and then under that, "discover your potential."

Actually, this week I've been discovering a lot about myself. Let's see...
*I work way more cheerfully and efficiently when I have a reasonable written schedule to follow.
*I enjoy my work much more with a family member or friend to help carry the load.
*I tend to try to tackle huge projects all at once instead of breaking them down into smaller, manageable steps.
*A little upbeat music or worship songs playing in the background helps to keep me going. : )

It was a busy week for us. Not only was I trying to keep up with my normal housework load, I also completely cleaned out the toy/guest room downstairs because one of my DH's Sr. High Youth leaders is going to move in with us for a while. I didn't realize just how many toys we have until I had to move them all out of that room! I don't know how my brother in law managed to share the space with the kids' toys for so long.

RH came down with strep this week. She's been at home with me since Tuesday. She's feeling a lot better since she's been on medicine and thank goodness no one else got it. I took her to worship night even though she's been sick and that really cheered her spirit. She sat next to me in the pew and it was so special to watch her raise her little hands to worship Jesus for the first time. I explained to her why the other people were doing it and about half way into the night, she lifted her hands as she sang the worship song. My heart soared as I realized that my baby girl was growing in strides in her walk with God.

As for me, I will continue to "discover my potential" as I walk with Jesus on a day to day basis. Thanks again for stopping by. I look forward to visiting with you throughout the weekend. : )

What have you discovered about yourself lately? I'd love to hear from you.

8 comments:

Dani said...

I have discovered that I also work more efficiently when I have a schedule :) And yes, music can help get a booty in gear!

How old is your daughter? I'm hoping that my daughter will begin to see how important her relationhip with God is. She is saved, but I want to see her grow more.

Les & Sweetie Berry said...

Hello! I so enjoyed reading and learning about you. Isn't it just awesome when our children praise God?! I am so thankful your furnace and husband will be repaired (and your husband not replaced! lol) We're doing the same with Les's mouth currently, he had a huge issue and our kind dentist has made it doable.
Your backgrounds are gorgeous and so well done. I spend forever and two days with adding a third column yesterday...but it was good learning...just not my talent!
hugs hugs hugs
Shanna

Regina said...

Your post brought tears to my eyes concerning your little one praising our Lord through the eyes of a child. What joy must have been soaring through your heart as you witnessed that. Thanks for starting my day with definately a feel good moment.
Toodles,
Regina

secondofwett said...

My youngest grandaughter also came down with strep this week...a scary time for sure...hope she's feelin' back to normal by now.

Rachel said...

I've discovered that I don't mind doing housework as long as I just do a little each day and don't let it pile up.

Tracey@Aloha Monkeys said...

Wow! You tackled all the toys. I KNOW my monkeys have WAY too many toys cluttering their little lives. I really need to clean out their play room too.

Thanks for visiting my little blog. It's so nice to meet other Company Girls.

Carol said...

At least you tackle the big projects. I have a tendancy to put off the big projects because they are so daunting.

I loved your section on "discovering your full potential." We have been going through some life altering stuff at our house. At the same time, it feels like a fog has lifted.

Anonymous said...

Glad worship night was a great one all around. Hubby was supposed to help a friend check the sound board for their church's worship night tonight, but they ended up needing a bass player the last minute. We headed out even though my daughter had a horrible morning and then a horrible afternoon nap, and was out of sorts. She clapped and danced. Hope your daughter is feeling better now.