Tuesday, January 6, 2009

From Snow Shoes to Canoes!

The weather we are having this Winter is just crazy! First, in December we broke a record for snowfall. Over 60 inches! It just kept piling up like it was never going to end! I watched in amazement as the toys in our back yard literally disappeared into the snow. The kids missed two days of school before Winter break, and the schools were still closed yesterday. We've been on Winter snow storm advisory on and off for a month now! They opened our school district today, but after nearly getting in an accident while trying to drop them off, I decided it wasn't worth risking their safety and brought them back home.

Today we moved from Winter snow storm advisory to flood advisory. It warmed up above freezing for the first time in a long time and actually rained. It's supposed to stay above freezing for the next couple of days and the snow is supposed to melt up to 12 inches tonight. I don't know where it's all going to go! We're going to have a lake at the end of our driveway. (Photo taken 1/7/09-"Lake Holgate") What a mess. We're going from snow shoes to canoes overnight! I had to make a category here on my blog just for this crazy weather! All I can do is shake my head and try to keep a good attitude about it all.

What do you do when the weather's got you down?

1 comment:

samantha said...

Hi Melissa. I haven't seen so much snow in Spokane before. Minnesota gets wayy more snow, though. I just wish everyone would shovel their sidewalks. I am glad that you didn't get into an accident, and that everyone is ok. I wouldn't even attempt to drive in this snow and ice. I am glad that the snow is melting. I will be very slushy and wet for a while, but it will eventually go away, and the sun will come out. When the weather has got me down, I do something I love, like play my favorite game, take a hot soak, or do some reading. Cheer up! In about three months spring will be here:)