Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Ten Things Tuesday

XBOX Wife Ten Things Tuesday
It's good to see that X Box Wife is up and running again. I love participating in Ten Things Tuesday! It sounds like she has a sick little one though, so my prayers go out to her today as she heads to the doctor to find out what's wrong.

I have so many things to be thankful for that I don't even know where to begin! That is why I usually try to find a common theme. How about I keep it to all the things that I am thankful for so far today? You see, for every hard moment I have in my day, I try to think of something positive. It goes something like this...

  1. I didn't get much sleep last night so I had a really hard time crawling out of bed this morning. However, I am very thankful that my 7 year old is old enough and considerate enough to get herself and her siblings something for breakfast while I wake up.
  2. I didn't get to Starbucks to treat myself to a latte today like I had planned. However, I am thankful that I have my own trusty coffee pot at home with some yummy creamer to make up for it!
  3. I didn't get the laundry started before I went out the door this morning because I was in a rush. However, I am thankful that I caught up on laundry yesterday, so I only have one load to do today.
  4. Oops! I forgot about the baking soda I sprinkled on the carpet downstairs last night to clean up a mess. However, I am thankful that it didn't get stepped on and smashed into the carpet to make matters worse.
  5. The front of the piano fell down because the wood splintered and the screw fell out. However, I am thankful that it was hanging by a thread on the other side so no one got hurt.
  6. I had just gotten home from picking up my kindergartner at school and the office called to tell me my 2nd grader needs to come home sick. However, I am thankful that everyone was still in their coats, hats, shoes, and mittens so it was easy to go get her.
  7. I forgot what it was that I came upstairs to do...am I losing my mind? However, I am thankful that my 2nd grader reminded me that I was going to take her temperature and give her some medicine, if needed.
  8. I didn't remember to put dinner in the crock pot this morning. However, I am thankful that the exact same meal can be cooked for 4 hours on high instead of 6-8 hours on low.
  9. I am out of dishwasher detergent because I didn't get any the last time I went to the store. However, I am thankful that dishes can still be washed by hand, and I do have soap for that.
  10. I am feeling a bit guilty that it's 2:00pm and I haven't even finished up my morning routine yet, let alone started my afternoon routine. However, I am thankful for 10 things Tuesday and the opportunity to pause in my day and be thankful before I get back to work!

Have a great week everyone!

3 comments:

Not your Happily Ever After said...

Great ten things. Finding the positive in the negative is really a good thing to do. We all need to do it more often.

Take Care.

Not your Happily Ever After said...

I haven't heard of the Love Dare. Who is it by? I might have to look it up.

Nieman Family said...

I LOVE the way you turned negative into a Possitive. I'm thankfull that X-Box ia up and going to...SO you just wait til next week. I'll join in again.