One of my favorite authors and speakers is Beth Moore. I have done many of her Bible Studies and I have seen her speak. I have also been following the LMP Blog for a while now. One of the most recent things that I stumbled upon, along with thousands of other "Siestas", is her 2009 Scripture Memory Team. Twice a month I will be committing a scripture that speaks to my heart to memory. That's 24 scriptures in a year. You can check out the details for yourself at the blog.
The scripture I plan to meditate on and memorize for the second half of January is the same one Beth Moore has chosen. I believe it will help me in my efforts to create sanctuary here in my home. I love how she pointed out that the word "all" is used four times in the verse, and the word "abound" is used twice. Here is the verse:
2 Corinthians 9:8 "And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work."
1 comment:
Good morning, Melissa! I chose to memorize and meditate on the same verse. I had been thinking about which verse to do and Beth's verse just stuck with me. I've been writing down a daily verse, too, while I've been reading my Bible. Today's was Ps 5:11-12. It's been amazing to see what the Lord is speaking to me about! Sometimes I just want to run and hide as He reveals things to me. But then I remember the verse where He loves those who He disciplines. So much to continue to learn!
Have a great weekend!
Post a Comment