Sunday, March 1, 2009

Siesta Scripture Memory Verse 3.1.09

It's time for another Siesta Scripture Memory Verse! Wow! Has God been scribing these verses on my heart. He has really been teaching me about trust these past couple of months, from one verse to the next. Last Sunday my efforts to grow in trusting Him brought me to a passage in Isaiah that I thought might be my next to memorize.

Isaiah 12:2
"Surely God is my salvation;
I will trust and not be afraid.
The LORD, the LORD is my strength and song;
He has become my salvation."

I have been meditating on this verse all week, along with my last memory verse. (Isaiah 26:3-4) After reading Beth Moore's post this morning, though, I believe that I am to join her in memorizing Hebrews 10:35-36. I think that God has a lesson to teach me in confidence. Last night as I was reading my daily passage in the Bible God put a devotion on my heart. (See previous post.) As I read Beth's memory verse this morning, it really rang my bell. It just drove home the point that I wrote about yesterday. Our confidence needs to rest in God.

Hebrews 10:35-36
"So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised."

I love how God works like that. If we listen with open hearts, He is faithful to speak to us through His Word, and other means. I am on my toes, listening, waiting with anticipation to receive what He wants to teach me next!

Blessings to you as you listen to His voice,
~Melissa

1 comment:

Heather C said...

This DOES fit nicely with yesterday's devotional! Love it when God puts the pieces together like that! I'm continuing on in Psalm 119 this time... with verses 57-60:

57 You are my portion, O LORD;
I have said that I would keep Your words.
58 I entreated Your favor with my whole heart;
Be merciful to me according to Your word.
59 I thought about my ways,
And turned my feet to Your testimonies.
60 I made haste, and did not delay
To keep Your commandments.