Monday, March 30, 2009

A Sweet Reminder

This morning my two year old woke up with a bad dream. Or perhaps it was just that he couldn't breath very well because of his cold. Either way, I got to spend some very sweet time with one tired little boy for a while.

I was in the living room on the couch when I heard the cry. In my motherly instinct I jumped to my feet to run and see what was wrong. I couldn't understand CD through his tears so I just cuddled him in my arms and brought him back to the couch with me. He clung to me as I rubbed his back and whispered in his ear "it's ok sweetie, mommy's here."

Before I knew it, he was asleep in my arms. The last time I can remember laying with CD asleep in my arms is when he was very small. Small enough to fit on my chest. As I listened to him breathe I was reminded of what a precious gift he and each of my children are from the Lord.

It's moments like these that bring me to my knees in prayer. I pray that He will watch over these children of mine. I pray also that He will fill me with His unconditional love for them until it overflows into their lives and is so evident that they can't help but know that they are loved. I pray for wisdom, guidance, and strength to nurture them from day to day. Most of all, I pray that they will come to know and love Him on a personal level like I do.

What a blessing to be a mother! :)

3 comments:

Beth Herring said...

This is just absolutely precious! Aren't babies just the sweetest thing!

I am blessed with 3 girls and am waiting on grandbaby #5 right now - I am in the hospital with my daughter now!

Beth

Cheryl said...

This was so sweet to read. Yes, moments like those are excellent opportunities to pray over our children. What an honor it is to be able to do this!

Nieman Family said...

So sweet...my babies are getting so big too. I miss those mements.