- Shine my kitchen sink
- Empty the vacuum cleaner
- Scrub my kitchen counter tops
- Thoroughly mop kitchen and dining room areas
- Clean out the entry way closet
You know, there are more things on my list that I'd like to say that I actually DO once a month, but then I'd just be fibbing! Those five things are the ones that I am pretty consistent about crossing off my list every month. As you can see, the tasks are mostly centered around my kitchen.
Today's Small Thing over at Home Sanctuary was to look at your kitchen through new eyes, or the eyes of a visitor. I like to think of my kitchen as pretty sanitary, since I spend most of my time there. I was shocked to notice a few things that I usually look past from day to day.
- Drawers/cupboards with food that has been splashed or spilled on them
- Appliances that are dusty or have food or drink splashed or spilled on them
- Gunk (there's no other word for it) in the crevices around my stove
- Crumbs in the corners of the counters
- A pile of papers at the edge of the counter (or worse, spread out all over the place!)
Just to name a few! It was a real eye opener for me. Now, I'm not saying that my kitchen or any other room in my house has to be sparkling clean, 24/7. That would be an impossible feat and I am all about manageable cleanliness. I just had to ask myself today "Where else in my home have I looked past some pretty obvious eye sores?"
It caused me to once again re-visit my master task list and do some brainstorming about how to keep a productive cleaning schedule going. It's a work in progress. I usually get this way every year about now. After all, Spring Cleaning is just around the corner. Why not start planning for it now? I'll let you know how things progress!
What kinds of things are a "must" around your home when it comes to cleanliness?
3 comments:
One thing I noticed was how yucky my faucet was! Apparently, I don't really "look" at it.
Countertop appliances (toaster, coffee maker...DUSTY!)
Gunk in the crevices! You're right, no other word for it.
The insides of my cupboards will be for another day...another small thing :)
I'm still stressed after the plumbers were here! (shame!)
You clean your entry closet once a month? Will you come live here?!
I have GUNK, too. It's rather freaky. You'd think I was a fry cook.
What happens to me is finding what has not been used at the bottom of my wired baskets.....potatoes that didn't get used first...onions that are past their prime! ewwww.
I surely enjoy you, thank you kindly for your friendship!
hugs hugs hugs!
Shanna
Post a Comment