I am a couple of days behind in posting my Siesta Scripture Memory verse because I had company this weekend, but I am excited to continue with my memorization! I think God wants me to dwell on confidence for another couple of weeks. This time, I was reading in 1 John about love and came across a verse smack dab in the middle of a couple of other verses I already have memorized. So once I add this one to it, I will have a nice chunk in 1 John 4 to meditate on.
1 John 4:17
"In this way, love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgement, because in this world we are like him." (NIV)
Here it is in context:
1 John 4:16-18
"And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. In this way, love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgement, because in this world we are like him. There is no fear in love, but perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love."
The words "made complete" translate to the greek word "teleioo" (tel-i-o'-o), meaning consecrate, make perfect, finish, or fulfill. (Strongs Greek 5048)
The word "confidence" translates "parrhesia" (par-rhay-see'-ah), meaning boldness. It is the same word used in my last scripture memory verse, Hebrews 10:35-36. (Strongs 3954)
So His love is finished, or perfected in us so that we can have boldness when we stand before Him on the day of judgement. We have this confidence, or boldness, because we are created like Him, and we rely on the love that He himself has for us! Now that's something to meditate on!
Blessings as you abide in His perfect love,
-Melissa
No comments:
Post a Comment