
I'm going to follow my sweet friend Kerri this morning and take a minute to reflect on Gratitude Friday. :) I too, am glad that next week is Spring Break. This week has been conference week so we have had early release every day. Three of my kids are in school, and I've been to two of their conferences. My last one is this morning. I'm so thankful that all of my kids love school. They are readers! All three of them are at least a grade ahead in their reading levels. I'm so thankful for teachers that encourage them to excel to a higher level even though the district will only allow them to test at a certain number. I am also thankful that I have been able to hear first hand from their teachers that my children are kind, respectful, and hard working kids. We've had a few bumps here and there, but all in all, something we are doing at home must be working!
It's good to see signs of spring here finally. Hail aside, it has been a pretty nice week and the kids have been able to play outside some. For that, I think we are all thankful! :)
I was thinking about how much I love our coffee sessions on Fridays last night. I'm going to get on with my day, but before I do, I want to extend an invitation to all of you to leave your prayer requests here today. God is really teaching me the importance of being on my knees for other people in my life. Even the ones that I don't get to meet with face to face. I wish I could sit down and talk and pray with all of you, but I want you to know that I am a woman of my word when I say I will pray for you. So today and always, please feel free to either e-mail me or leave your prayer request in the comments. It's my pleasure to lift your needs to heaven. God is faithful, and He will answer.
"I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you I always pray with joy..." Phil 1:3-4
Many blessings!
Melissa
13 comments:
What a fun new look for your blog! I loved reading your thankful thoughts about each of your kids. Your family sounds amazing and I pray that God continues to bless you as you strive to serve Him.
My prayer requests are on my blog, and include a couple of praises. The Lord is so good and faithful.
Have a blessed weekend!
I saw that background on the cutest blog website. I like that one! I snagged an Easter one myself.
We are nearing Spring Break...ours is in two weeks, though. I can't wait. Thank you for lifting us up in prayer! My husband has a job offer to consider. He doesn't know if it would be better for us than what he has now or not. So, you could pray for God's guidance. Thank you :)
I am so humbled by your unabashed sharing of God's love always! Thank you!
hugs hugs hugs!
Sweetie
Thanks for inviting me round for coffee this week - I enjoyed my visit. I'm sure you'll all be glad of a break from school next week, even though your kids do enjoy it.
So sweet of you to ask for prayer requests. If you could pray that we would find our why my mother keeps having dizzy-sickness episodes every few days - and preferably find a solution, I would really appreciate it.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Best wishes,
Jo
You are very fortunate that your children are readers...my first two are but the last 7 feel that books are akin to poison! Very frustrating when they are bored but wont entertain the idea of reading a good book!
Melissa! Do you think we can find time for coffee this coming week or do you all have plans for spring break?! I want to get a picture of the two of us, too! I would even come to your house -- I've met your two oldest at church when I was doing Preschool!
I loved reading your blog today! Blessings to you~ HAPPY FRIDAY!!
Ok, I am still pondering Paul's mom. We are studying Corinthians in my Bible study, and I wanted to interrupt and ask the girls their opinions on Paul's mom.
What a praise that the kids are doing well!
Enjoy spring break! I can't wait. I am ready to stir things up around here and break from our routine.
I think it is God's way of reminding us that we have pretty good kids to hear others speak so highly of them. Our spring break was last week. We enjoyed it to the fullest. I hope you get a fun filled, memory filled, love filled week too.
Melissa -
What a sweet woman and Godly woman you are. Quite the example to your children and husband, I am sure.
If you remember, please pray for me as I gear up to head overseas for a year. My sister will be having a baby while I am gone so I will not be there for her. I know God is in control so I am not worried or upset...just sad I couldn't be there for her. Blessings to you and your family!
We are also glad for the sunshine. Still a little chilly, but the sunshine helps a lot. Great to hear the conferences went well. Being a bookworm myself, I'm glad Melody likes books. I hope I can say the same for the next one. =p I hear about kiddos who just tear out all the pages. Thanks for praying for us through Norm's unemployment, my pregnancy, and Melody's anxiety. We're hanging in there. Hope you are able to enjoy more sunshine through the weekend.
Hi there!! I am reading all of my follower's blogs this morning....it is fun to catch up on everyone's comings and goings. Plus I think I am on about my 4th cup of coffee while I've been reading!
Hope your Sunday is going smoothly and quietly!! Can't wait to see you on Tuesday.
I'm reading Company Girls late this week...
Thanks so much for offering to take prayer requests...that's sweet, and it was a good reminder to me that I need to pray more. A very good thing to think about.
God bless!
Thank you so much for stopping by my site for Company Girl Coffee. It was definitely a fun day that day!!
I enjoyed your thankful post, I should write something like that.
I am looking forward to stopping by more and getting to know you.
Groovewoman
Post a Comment