Yesterday I went through all of my cook books, (a small shelf full in my kitchen) pulled some for donation, and straightened what was left. In the process, I found a fun "Cooking with Kids in the Kitchen" book. My oldest flipped through it, and asked if we could make one of the recipes for dinner. We put all of the ingredients out on the counter and set to work. As we worked together my daughter exclaimed "The best part about cooking is getting messy!" And messy we got. The outcome? Yummy homemade chicken nuggets.
Next week is Spring break. We don't have any travel plans, because I am still waiting to see if I will need to take a trip out to be with my extended family. The CT Scan showed two more masses, one in each lung, so it appears the cancer has spread. They will know more after the biopsy on Monday. Thank you for your continued coverage in prayer.
Just because we are not traveling doesn't mean we can't have lots of fun, right here at home. :) We will be making homemade playdough in bright, Spring colors, coloring Easter eggs, and pending a little nice weather, spending some time at the park. I'm really excited to be a part of Easter Sunday at church this year. I will be teaching the lesson for third grade (my oldest's class) during one of the three services. Tell me, what are some of your favorite Easter traditions or memories?
Now I'm off to play with the kiddos. It looks like they are having some block building fun on the floor over there and I just can't resist!
Have a great weekend all!
~Melissa~
7 comments:
We're sunny today and 2 more days, then I think it's back to rain again. Does chicken nuggets involve deep frying?
Praying for your relative going through the biopsy on Monday. And may God grant you a peaceful heart at this time.
MIL made purple playdough for Melody and she's been playing with it nonstop for the past 2 days. If it keeps her busy, I'm all for it.
Have a wonderful weekend and week ahead, whatever the plans will be.
I'm not linking for coffee this week, but wanted to stop by and visit. :) I am continuing to pray for your family member.
I must admit to being stuck in a rut when it comes to my cooking lately...i don't even crack a recipe book! I remember making playdough w/my kids when they were younger...way better then the boughten stuff! My favourite memory of Easter in my childhood is new shoes and new white socks...you know the kind with the little lace edging....we used to try them on many times before Easter morning and on Easter morning would put them on, with our pyjamas and clump down the stairs to breakfast...very exciting! Praying for your family.
Praying, still, for your family member. I know it is a scary time, but God is faithful, even when the answers aren't what we expect!
One of my favorite Easter traditions is making Resurrection Rolls. They are fun to make and taste DELICIOUS!!!
i love cooking with the kiddos! Especially now that we are vegan and gluten free, cooking is so very clearly chemistry now and my son loves it! My daughter has a wonderful feel for the way things combine with one another.
Enjoy your weekend!
Sounds like a great spring break to me. I hope it's full of fun and low on stress. Please do keep us posted.
Next week is Easter ... the most important celebration on the Christian calendar. http://www.keepbelieving.com/sermon/1993-04-11-Easter-Questions/
Post a Comment