Friday, March 12, 2010

Company Girl Coffee 3.12.10

Good morning! I'm glad you stopped by today. I'm afraid I don't feel much like talking this morning, but won't you please join me in prayer? I received some news yesterday about a family member that has laid pretty heavy on my heart since then. I don't feel like I can give specifics here because this family member is pretty private, and kept to themself, but I ask for your prayers because they are close to my heart. I can tell you that it is not one of the seven of us though.

At first, I wasn't sure what to do when I heard the news. I was kind of numb. Then I began to pray. I prayed the Word mostly. Scriptures on trust filled my thoughts. Psalm 9:9-11 is one that particularly comforted me.

9 The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed,
a stronghold in times of trouble.

10 Those who know your name will trust in you,
for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you.

11 Sing praises to the LORD, enthroned in Zion;
proclaim among the nations what he has done.

Then, I began to sing. Yes, when I feel burdened or sad about something, I sing. There is a song that's been playing on our Christian radio station a lot lately and the words of the chorus keep playing over and over in my mind.

"All of creation, sing with me now, lift up your voices lay your burdens down..."

Sing and pray, trust in God and His Word. I lift up my voice and lay my burden down. And I feel better. The life of my loved one is in His hands. I believe that. I should know more today, or at the latest, Monday. For now though, thanks for praying with me.

What do you do when you are feeling sad? Do you have a favorite scripture that you refer to? I'd love to hear what comforts you when you're down.

Many blessings and have a great weekend!

~Melissa~

12 comments:

Austin said...

Hi Melissa,
Sorry about the news. I usually pray and cry. I do like to share with my close friends. It feels good to get things off of my chest. But again, it is with very close friends that love Jesus. Have a blessed weekend and give it over to Jesus.

Kim said...

I am not sure what tin is...but this is Kim at Oh, For Heaven's sake...
:)

Ashley Pichea [PicheaPlace.com] said...

Praying with you today.

Anonymous said...

Said a prayer for you. Hope everything will be okay.

Cheryl said...

Melissa, your post touched my heart. I will be praying for you and your family member as you walk through uncertainty. Christian music is huge for me and Chris Tomlin's songs often point my heart and mind to God.

Hugs,
Cheryl

Cari Kaufman said...

Praying and singing with you today Melissa...

LydiaCate said...

So sorry Melissa. Praying with you! We serve a big God who hears ours cries and cares more deeply than we can imagine.
I'm comforted by great music when I'm down or struggling. I also love to read the Psalms.
Rest in Him my friend!
LydiaCate

One More Equals Four said...

I am so sorry! I am praying for you, my friend!

One of my favorite scriptures is, "In all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loves us."
Romans 8:37

My favorite part of that is OVERWHELMINGLY---maybe not hw we think or hope, but He does abundantly more than what we can think or hope or pray for or imagine!

Blessings!

Beth Herring said...

I am sorry that you got some bad news. I love to read the Psalms when I am down and then turn on Travis Cottrel's "In Christ Alone" and lay flat on my face and worship in song.

Praying for you sweet one!

Rachel Anne said...

I will pray for your family member...I'm sure it is difficult to walk through this situation, but know that you (and this person) are not alone and that others will pray with you.

When I am discouraged I also listen to music. Worship music always lifts me up...and the psalms do too. I can always find something that touches me and will pray the scripture over my situation.

Bless you, Melissa.

MrsJenB said...

I am so sorry to hear your news. I have had a lot of sadness in the past few months, and a lot of stress and frustration and confusion. I did a lot of crying and praying. And now I say aloud "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". Sometimes I say it over and over and over like a mantra, but it's what centers me and gets me through.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.