This afternoon my three year old, CD, got an "owie" on his thumb. After cleaning it up and putting not one, but two bandaids on it (two must be the magic number to help it feel better), the only thing that would calm him down and take his mind off the hurt was reading a book with mommy. Before I knew it, all of my kids were gathered around me. The ones that can read took turns reading as we flipped through the pages of the silly Dr. Seuss books. What a great laugh we had together. All too soon it was time for me to start dinner but CD didn't want story time to end.
Me neither son...me neither. These are the moments I cherish.
2 comments:
What a blessing....Reminds me of my grand kids. God bless, Lloyd
Some of the Dr Seuss stuff is crazy but the kids love it. We have a bunch of books that I got free and some from a church lady whose grandkids are teens now. I'm glad you all enjoyed your time together and I'm sure the "owie" is better.
Post a Comment