Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Hospitality Matters

Whew! We got home a little while ago from having dinner at a friend's house. Two of our other dearest friends came along with their kids too. All told, there were 7 adults and 10 children. The oldest of the kids were the two 6 year old girls. What a party!

That's kind of the way I imagine it as described in the book of Acts 2:46-47 "Every day they continued to meet in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved." Back then, the people shared fellowship with each other all the time. They didn't wait for the right timing or for everyone's schedules to match up, or for a special occasion to gather, they just did it!

I'm so glad we all hung out tonight. It seems like we've been trying to get together forever now, but something has always come up or someone has been sick, or any number of other things that can happen when you're trying to get together with friends. I'm especially thankful for our friends that opened up their home to us and welcomed us in, arms opened wide. Hospitality is a gift from God. It is one that I want my children to learn and share. I want all who pass through my doors to feel welcome here. It is part of my goal in creating a "home sanctuary."

That's all for now. It's getting late and I need my sleep.

1 Peter 4:9-10 "Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others..."

No comments: