As much as I believe that routine matters, I am also working on being flexible when the situation calls for a detour from routine. This past weekend was a four day weekend for us. We decided to have family out, which is always fun. I am a hostess at heart, so the more company, the better as far as I'm concerned. It's just the day after that kills me!
As hard as I try to keep up with my normal routine when we have company, things always end up getting out of hand. Usually it's laundry. Today I will be doing a laundry marathon session! : ) What I find myself having to work really hard at, though, is patience with my kids as they come down off of their "company high". I don't know what else to call it. They get so excited about having so much attention and then it goes back to just plain old mom. That sounds terrible, I know. It's just the way it feels. It's amazing how many times I hear the words "I'm bored" after company leaves.
Today, in order to curb that boredom, I am going to plan a project. Nothing elaborate, just something fun that we can do together that will take the edge off of the company's gone blues. A distraction of sorts. It will be a nice break in routine to brighten our day here.
That's all for now,
Melissa
No comments:
Post a Comment