I missed posting last week. Of course, that doesn't mean I didn't have anything to be thankful for! I have tons of things going on in my life that make me thankful.
Like the accident that I was involved in two weeks ago. I feel like I can share a little about it now since the claim is finally closed.
I am so thankful that no one was injured. My youngest son was in the van with me. Both of us were unharmed by the impact. The other party involved was an elderly lady. I was relieved to hear that she too, was ok.
I'm thankful that my husband had just arrived home when I called him and was able to go pick up the kids from school. He also picked us up when the tow truck came to get the van.
I'm thankful that when we got home he immediately sprang into action and called our insurance to take care of the details and all I had to do is answer a few questions about the accident.
I'm thankful that the other party's insurance got us into a rental van the next day and has covered the full cost of the rental.
I'm thankful that even though our van was declared totaled, the other party has great insurance that took good care of us. Everything went as smoothly as I could possibly ask for.
Friday that same week, I was cleaning a knife at the sink and cut my thumb. It was bleeding bad enough that I knew I was going to need stitches. My husband wasn't home, so I grabbed the kids and walked over to my neighbors' house.
I'm so thankful my neighbors were home!
I'm thankful that they were willing to watch my kids while one of them drove me to Urgent Care to get stitches.
I'm thankful that we have health insurance.
I'm thankful that it wasn't worse. I only needed two stitches.
It wasn't the best of weeks for me. However, I am so thankful that God watches over me through the good and the bad. It gave me plenty of opportunities to talk to my kids about God's protection and faithfulness.
"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble." -Psalm 46:1
2 comments:
I am so glad to hear that you are okay and things went smoothly with the insurance. Sometimes that more of a pain than anything else. It was not a good week for us at all last week, and now the kiddos and I are sick. But we are still so blessed...after reminders of our wealth when putting together our OCC shoeboxes and sponsoring our first Compassion child. Hope your thumb is healing well.
Praise God in all things........
Post a Comment