- I had an incredible time at the Beth Moore Conference with my friends over the weekend. The memory passage was Ephesians 4:4-6
"There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all."
- My sister in-law had surgery on Friday but is doing fine. She had some ovarian cysts removed. They also found endometriosis all over so they removed her appendix and she will take some medicine to get rid of the rest. Hopefully this will clear up a lot of the health problems she's been experiencing.
- My brother in-law drove over the mountains to help with the care of my SIL, so I got to spend some time with him. I hadn't seen him since last Christmas.
- The Fall Carnival at our church on Sunday was a HUGE success! The church was packed with both congregation members and neighborhood families. It was a fun, safe alternative to trick-or-treating.
- My children used their own money to buy books at the book fair yesterday. Of all the things they could spend their saved money on, they chose books. I'm so thankful that they have a love for reading at such an early age.
- After a couple of rainy days, it is a beautiful Fall morning. Blue skies, and a slight breeze. Perfect. The leaves at my children's school are still hanging on in shades of green, yellow and red and the sun was shining through them this morning to create a gorgeous scene.
- Speaking of gorgeous scenes, check out the view from my window at the motel we stayed in on Friday night! One of the things Beth Moore commented on about Spokane, is the beautiful Fall colors we have here. :)
- It's a new month and I am ready to take it on! Yesterday was a very productive day. I want to keep this positive attitude going. I feel a renewed energy and sense of purpose as a wife, mother, and homemaker.
- RH is VIP in her class this week. I am so thankful that she was born over nine years ago. She is such a gem. I love her so much!
- We have a month full of birthdays ahead of us. First, LH will be turning 6. Then I turn...well...I'm not embarrassed to say I'll be 37! And finally, CD is going to be 4. Plus my Grandma is turning 97, and my Niece will be 12. That's a lot to celebrate!
I know this is getting long, but stick with me just a bit longer to read the words of this incredible poem...
DRINKING FROM MY SAUCER
I've never made a fortune
and it's probably too late now.
But I don't worry about that much,
I'm happy anyhow.
And as I go along life's way,
I'm reaping better than I sowed.
I'm drinking from my saucer,
'Cause my cup has overflowed.
I haven't got a lot of riches,
and sometimes the going's tough.
But I've got loved ones around me,
and that makes me rich enough.
I thank God for his blessings,
and the mercies He's bestowed.
I'm drinking from my saucer,
'cause my cup has overflowed.
I remember times when things went wrong,
My faith wore somewhat thin.
But all at once the dark clouds broke,
and the sun peeped through again.
So God, help me not to gripe about
the tough rows that I've hoed.
I'm drinking from my saucer,
'Cause my cup has overflowed.
If God gives me strength and courage,
when the way grows steep and rough.
I'll not ask for other blessings,
I'm already blessed enough.
And may I never be too busy,
to help others bear their loads.
Then I'll keep drinking from my saucer,
'Cause my cup has overflowed.
Author unknown
May you feel your cup overflowing this week!
~Melissa
2 comments:
What a wonderful list! You are blessed! I love it when kids love books. Prayer for your SIL...and a happy birthday to you and your family members.
LOVE that poem! Thanks for sharing :) My cup, too, runneth over.
Post a Comment