Tuesday, November 23, 2010

10 Things Tuesday - Relationship Addition

We're approaching Thanksgiving and I am excited to host it here at my house this year. It looks like we're just having two extras - my sister in-law and her husband, but we've left an open invitation for friends in case they can't leave town due to bad weather.

Yes, we have snow! Lots of it. In fact, over the past 24 hours we've been on blizzard warning. High winds plus lots of snow = very poor visibility. My back porch (which is covered) was covered in snow this morning. Crazy. The school district did not declare a snow day, so I just declared one on my own. I am not going to risk driving in those conditions!

Well, now that I've given the weather report, lets get on with the thanks-giving! This is my special tribute to all the people in my life that I am thankful for.
  1. My husband - He is my best friend, an incredible dad, a comedian, a Pastor, a gifted musician, and more! I love him so much and if you want to read more about why, just go to this post.
  2. Anyone who knows me knows I just adore each of my children! They all have such unique personalities. I am so blessed to be the mother of five wonderful children who make me laugh, challenge me to be a better mom, and keep me on my toes (and my knees) all the time! Just because today is his 4th birthday, I'd like to give special thanks for my youngest, CD. He's so fun and I'm glad I have this year and next with him still at home. :)
  3. My mom - She is always there for me, even when things aren't going the best for her. She's such a good listener and I still go to her when I need sound advice. The older I get, the deeper our friendship grows. I appreciate all that she sacrificed for me growing up even in the most difficult of times.
  4. I couldn't imagine not mentioning my dad, even though he passed away this last September. I have so many great memories with him growing up, and into my adult years. I spent the last week of his life with him and it was some of the sweetest time ever. He will be greatly missed this Thanksgiving.
  5. My sister - Even though we are 3 years apart, we are the best of friends. I know I can always count on her through thick and thin. We are mountains apart now, but there is nothing we wouldn't do for each other. I love you sis!
  6. My in-laws - I could not have been blessed with better in-laws. My Mother-in-law is the reason I wanted to have a big family. The first time I saw all of the siblings interacting I knew I wanted lots of kids. Everyone accepted me as one of the family right off the bat. Family get-togethers are always an adventure!
  7. My friends the Phifers - They are such a big part of our lives. I am so blessed to have such committed friends. They were there for us when 4 out of 5 of our children were born. I love their two children and couldn't imagine life without them around! My friend Andrea is the first person I call if ever I need, oh, anything! She is so faithful to me and I love her dearly.
  8. My friend Michelle - She is so loving and generous. Very sensitive to the needs of those around her. When I have need for prayer, I know she's going to answer the call. I love her family too. Every time I hang out with them I laugh. They are such fun people!
  9. The teachers that my children have had since they reached school age - We have been so blessed with good teachers! I love how they have partnered with us to make sure our children get the education that they deserve.
  10. Our church family - I am so thankful that we are in a church of people who genuinely care about us. The staff is wonderful and my husband really loves working there. The friendliness that I feel every time I walk through the doors on Sunday carries through the week. I know that if ever we have a need, our church family would step up to meet it.
These are just some of the current relationships that bless my life. I am so thankful for all my friends and family, near and far. And let's not forget my blogger friends! There are so many moms out there that I don't hesitate to ask for advice when I'm struggling. Thanks for being there when I need you most! :)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

May you find yourselves as blessed as I am by the friends and family in your lives.
~Melissa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a blessing to those around you too! Happy Thanksgiving!!