Monday, July 6, 2009

Fitness Matters

When you're not in good physical shape, it affects you mentally too. For me, the most important benefit of exercise is that I am a better mother. -Virginia Madsen
Today over at Home Sanctuary Rachel Anne is encouraging us to exercise! Just 5 minutes of movement to get your blood pumping and make you feel better about yourself! Check out her encouraging post and then go take 5 minutes to get energized!

Some of the things I do when I can't actually turn on my Wii Fit, which is my exercise tool of preference:
  • Stretch in the kitchen while waiting for meat to brown, water to boil, or toast to cook.
  • Do a little strength training by striking a plank pose while swishing my mouthwash at night.
  • Practice side leg kicks just while talking on the phone.
Well, you get the idea. It's all about creativity. Anything to keep me fit while I keep up with my children! :)

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

That's a great quote, Melissa. Thanks for sharing!

samantha said...

I like that quote. Thanks for sharing!

Rachel Anne said...

Ha! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who does side kicks while cooking or brushing teeth. My husband thinks me silly (too little, too late he says) but I'm with you! I think every bit helps.

I need to work on my upper arms...now that I'm not carrying little ones around, they are pretty flabby :(