Actually, today is just like any other day of the year. It's Thursday, and the kids and I greeted him this morning and happily sent him off to work with hugs and kisses. There are no bells and whistles going off, and we don't have any special romantic plans for the evening. I simply gave him a squeeze, told him I loved him, and was looking forward to seeing him when he got home. We don't have a lot of extra money right now, so a massage by candle-light after the kids go to bed will be my gift to him.
But isn't that what marriage is all about? It's about serving your spouse in ways that make them feel loved. A romantic touch, an e-mail, a phone call during the day to say "I'm thinking of you." Perhaps it's a listening ear when they need one, or a sympathetic nod to indicate that you feel bad they had a rough day. I prefer to celebrate our marriage with the little things that happen every day. I don't need some fancy restaurant and a movie to make this day special.
Thank you for loving me for 15 years dear! You make me a better person and I look forward to the next 15 years of our lives together. :)
2 comments:
Happy anniversary! So sweet. We are the same way too...no over the top celebrations. I think the simple things make it more "romantic" and keeps things alive.
Love the new look on your blog. See you for coffee tomorrow (or today rather...) if either of us have time to get that in. =p
Aahhh...Soooo sweet....Summer has been so busy...It went by in a flash. I still read up on you when I can. Love n hugs headed your way!
Post a Comment