Friday, June 5, 2009

Company Girl Coffee 6.5.09

Good morning! It's a little rushed here this morning so I only have time for a quick cup. I really missed coffee last week though, so I figured one little cup before I'm off and running won't hurt, right? To be honest, most mornings I don't finish my coffee without having to re-heat it. Mornings are kind of hectic around here with five small children and although we try to keep a routine, there are bound to be interruptions! This morning I am looking forward to treating myself to a latte on my way to a play date with a friend of mine. Then we can have some face to face Company Girl Coffee! :)

Actually, when I read Rachel Anne's post today, I smiled to myself because even though school is not yet out for us, it is for my friend Andrea. You might remember that I mentioned Andrea over coffee before. She's taking the opportunity this summer to do some really fun projects with her kids. She's calling it "Make it Mondays", and you can see her first project over at Life With You.

As for me, I still need to come up with a plan. We practically have our own park in the back yard now, so there will be lots of playing on the swing set. We also bought an above ground pool that we will set up after school gets out because summers here are pretty warm. There's a "water park" just down the street from us that has all kinds of sprinkler fun for the kids. I plan to frequent that quite a bit.

When the sun gets just too hot and too dangerous to bear, you will find us in the comfort of our air-conditioned home, keeping cool. I plan on making some homemade playdough (there are lots of recipes to choose from) and keeping lots of craft supplies around. There will also be lots of reading and a little story writing of their own. (My kids have taken to writing their own books lately.)

Have a great summer everyone! I look forward to sharing what your plans are over coffee later this weekend.

-Melissa

7 comments:

Jo said...

Your pool sounds great! Hope you have a lovely weekend.

Best wishes,
Jo

Anonymous said...

We used to write our own books all the time as kids. =p So fun!

We really thinking about getting AC for our house. I can't really deal with the heat, and both kids are sweat-ers...even in the winter.

I think we'll end up getting a small inflatable pool for Melody. She would enjoy that...even though she doesn't enjoy bathtime so much...well, the rinsing of the hair anyhow...because she's got lots of it. Anyhow, the pool will be lots of fun for your kiddos. It's better than dragging all the kids down to the local pool where everyone's kids are too. It's just too crowded there in the summertime.

Dani said...

I looked at the Make It Mondays page. Cute! I need to do something like that. I'll have to sit down and think this evening. I'd like to have a park in our backyard...I think I mentioned we wanted to get one for Christmas to you before. Have fun! There is a local waterpark close to us as well so I know we'll check that out!

Cheryl said...

I didn't make it to posting a Coffee post today, but wanted to drop in and say hello. Sounds like you have some fun things planned for summer. Your back yard swingset is going to get great use. My kids finish school on the 12th and we leave that day for Hawaii. After that, summer will mostly consist of back yard swimming. Come on down to CA and join us! :)

secondofwett said...

I think staying in the air conditioned house doing activities like that is a wonderful way to spend a hot day....I wish I could convince my teens to do that...they just want to play the WII !!!

Tracey@Aloha Monkeys said...

We still have two more weeks of school too. I still need to come up with a plan.

Latte and some adult conversation sounds nice.

Good luck with your pool. We bought one last year because my husband insisted. We used it a total of about five times. And can I say what a royal pain it was to empty it, clean it, and put it away until the next time (which may now be never). If you come up with an easy way to clean up, please do share.

Anyway, I left you some bloggy Aloha here. Go check it out.

Rachel Anne said...

We used an inflatable pool for several years and it was just the ticket for cooling off. It WAS a pain to clean, but it kept everyone occupied on those long summer days.

I was just catching up on your last few posts and really feel like I've missed so much! The WOF weekend sounded wonderful, and such fun with friends. I'm so glad you got to get away, although ending on a sick note was a bummer.

Hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend!