
Hi all! It's the first Tuesday of a brand new month! I've been kind of scarce lately because we've been really busy around here. Seems like there's something going on every weekend now, and the calendar looks just as full in June. Today I want to take time to stop and give thanks in the midst of it all and share a little about what's been happening here.
May 23-24th was our quick trip to Seattle with our three older kids. We got to hang out with a friend we haven't seen in years. I am so thankful that we got to reconnect, meet his wife and daughter, and just spend time with their family. They were so gracious to open their home to us and provide us with free tickets to the game on Sunday.
Although I had a nice trip, I was glad to be home to my youngest two again on Sunday. I am so thankful for all five of my children! I couldn't imagine life without any of them. We spent Monday (Memorial Day Holiday) just hanging out as a family. I love days like that. We worked in the yard and played a little too. Good family bonding time.
Last week I worked some more on Spring cleaning. I spent time in the kitchen on my cupboards and continued to sort, organize and purge. Sometimes I wish I had more kitchen space, but I am thankful for what room I do have. It is my space and what I make of it is up to me. Sometimes all we need is a little imagination to make a space our own. :)
The evening session ended with a Steven Curtis Chapman concert!
The fun continued at our motel that night. Andrea met up with us again and the five of us played games and just hung out. It was the silliest time ever! We laughed until we cried. I am so thankful for friends that I can just let go with!
Here's the kicker...in the middle of the night sometime I got sick. I didn't stop throwing up until well after dawn. You know what though? Even though I missed the second day of the conference, I am so thankful for the time I got to spend with friends and I am glad they were there to pray for me and watch over me when I needed them. Andrea brought me home where I spent most of the day sleeping and recovering from what must have been a touch of the flu. Thanks for looking out for me girls!
I could not go without saying how thankful I am for my loving husband. He is, in my mind, the greatest for letting me have a special weekend while he watched the kids. Even when I came home sick early on Saturday morning, he took care of the kids all day so that I could rest. He made sure that I had peace and quiet, which is not easy in a house full of kids! I love him so much!
Well, that's my list for this week! I have so much to be thankful for and I am glad to share it with you. Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment