
Since it's December 1st, I thought I would start things off on a bright note by listing off a few of my favorite 1sts!
- First Christmas decorations...Our tradition happens to be an advent calendar. It's a magnetic Christmas tree and we take turns putting up one ornament a day to count down the days until Christmas. By Christmas morning it is nicely decorated.
- First snow...I love the way my kids get excited when the first snow comes! Even though it only lasted for one day, they were pumped! Everyone got all bundled up in their coats, hats, mittens, and snow boots, and went out to play. : )
- First cup of coffee in the morning...Yes, I'm addicted to waking up to the aroma of coffee in the morning and can hardly wait to have my first cup! Just so you know though, I stop at two.
- First light of day...I am not an early morning person, but this time of year it stays dark longer. On those crisp, clear winter days, I love to watch the sun rising up over the hills.
- First impressions...I love to meet new people. It's important to me to make a good impression when I'm introduced to someone for the first time. Don't ask me to remember your name though, I'm terrible at that until I hear it at least two or three times!
- First try...I love watching my kids do something for the first time. They are so determined! If only I had that excitement every time I tried something new.
There you have it! A few of my favorite firsts. What are some of your favorite firsts? I'd love to hear from you.
2 comments:
Hi,
I have the same advent calender! (or one just like it) I've had it since I was in High School and we use it every year-my kids LOVE it!!!
Take Care,
Stephanie
Hi Melissa. Here are some of my favorite firsts.
First snow fall
First words
First warm day after winter
Post a Comment