
Ok. Here's the deal. I just wrote an entire post and it disappeared on me so I am frustrated. I'll need another cup of coffee just to settle down! I must have pressed something I shouldn't have to delete what I had written. Now my time is up on the computer so I will just share a cute quick story about one of the small things this week and call it good. : )
On Wednesday I recruited my husband to help me for the small thing. As he was headed out the door, I grabbed an apple and placed it in his hands.
Then I said "Here...eat this so I can earn points."
He gave me a funny look and said back "How do you earn points for me eating an apple?"
To which I said in reply "I just do. Besides, an apple a day you know!"
He said thanks and headed out the door. It was only later that I realized that he was referring to a different kind of points. We have a joke around here about "wife points." He jokes about how when he does something really big, he gets wife points. I got an e-mail from him that day and at the end he said "Oh, and thanks for the apple. It was neat." Neat is the word he uses when he thinks I'm crazy. I was asking him to do a small thing for me, and he thought I was going insane! I explained to him when he got home and we both got a laugh out of it. : )
Have a great weekend! I'll be stopping in for coffee here and there.
-Melissa
6 comments:
LOL. That is funny. I gave my husband a couple pears.
I know how you feel about writing a post and then losing it. I get frustrated enough when just my formatting disappears, let alone the entire post.
Loved the story about the apple. Husbands are fun, aren't they? Especially when they're clueless about what we're up to.
Always love stopping by. Your home is so cozy.
The day I wrote about fruit, we actually had none in the house, but i planned to go grocery shopping. I never made it to the store, so had to drink OJ. Humbling.
Glad your husband helped you earn points. Does a wife get "husband points" for stuff, too? :) I didn't tell my man I was earning points a couple weeks ago when I flirted with him like crazy. He probably wouldn't have cared, since he enjoyed the attention. And he deserved it.
Right now my frustration is with Typepad comments. They've "improved" them to the point that it is impossible to reply to a comment that gets emailed to me. So maddening! However, they did just come up with an "auto-save" for posts and that almost makes up for it. I've lost entire posts before, usually for keeping the window open so long it shuts off.
I always love my visits with you, my friend!
That's a great story! I had no takers on fresh fruit, but the nectarines I canned this summer were a huge hit!
That was funny! Sounds like you and your husband have a great marriage.
I had Internet Explorer restart on me after I finished an entry lately too. But I finally got around to posting it for coffee this weekend. Happy holidays!
http://www.xanga.com/joycelau319
Post a Comment