Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Memory and Lots of Snow

Well, Christmas is over. It seemed to come and go all too quickly this year. We've already taken down the decorations and reclaimed the house for our second round of company that is coming out for New Year's. Yet, the true spirit and reason we celebrate Christmas will remain.

My DH and I have been trying to teach our children that it isn't about the presents, or the decorations. On Christmas Eve he read the story of Christ, and we talked about it as a family. We discussed the wise men, and the shepherds, and the celebration of Baby Jesus being born. That was my favorite time this Christmas. That is the memory I will hold dear to my heart as we bring in the new year.

I didn't get cards sent out on time this year because I couldn't make it to the store to pick them up! I think I'll still send them anyway. I'll throw in a newsletter and thank you notes for gifts. In fact, I didn't get a lot done this year because of the snow. I'm still trying to remain positive, because it's still snowing, and it's causing both the kids and me to go stir crazy. I don't know what I'll do if they don't end up going back to school next week!

My DH has been such a help with all the snow and around the house. We got the flu two days before Christmas and the last kid was still throwing up Christmas day. This time I managed to get sick too, and it really knocked me out. It was so discouraging. Despite me being a total grump, DH put up with me, and did what he could to make things easier on me. We spent all this morning working on the house together, preparing for company. I don't know what I would ever do without him! He even shoveled and bailed out the van when I got stuck in the driveway after taking the kids to the doctor this morning!

Well, I'm off to finish the laundry and mop the kitchen. I hope everyone out there that reads this blog had a wonderful Christmas. May the spirit of Christmas stay with you throughout the year. : )

1 comment:

Kerri said...

Melissa, isn't this snow amazing? OH WAIT...I see the sun!!!!!!!!!! Does it means the snow has stopped? Glad you guys are feeling better! Enjoy your company~