I don't have any ONE thing that I want to post about this morning, so I'm just going to hit some highlights from this month and call it good. Please excuse my randomness today. :)
The first week of April was our Spring break. Spring hasn't really happened here yet. In fact, it snowed this morning! I'm not complaining though. My heart and prayers go out to the people in this country that are dealing with the devastating tornadoes that have passed through their towns. It has definitely been a tough Spring for them.
On April 14th, we opened the doors to our Dollar Plus Store. There is definitely a need for it in the location we chose. Once everything was out on the shelves and ready to go it was pretty impressive. It wasn't long before my husband had to order more product to re-stock the shelves where customers had cleaned out the inventory. After two weeks I think he's getting a handle on when to order and what to keep in back-stock.
Last week my life-long friend and mentor came for a visit. I really loved having her company along with her Daughter-in-Law and Grandson. She cut my hair and LR's while she was here. LR has been begging to have her hair cut short for a while now. No more tangles! :)
| My Expert Egg Finders! |
Easter weekend we went to my MIL's house to celebrate with family. We hid over 300 eggs in their back yard for the kids to find. The weather was beautiful! It's the first sun I've actually felt warming me in months. It was nice to soak up some vitamin D for a change. I loved watching the kids as they enjoyed the fresh air and HUGE back yard to play all sorts of games.
| Lookin' Good! |
JS got his glasses this morning. It's a totally new feeling for him, so he'll have to get used to wearing them. Hopefully they will help him see better in school and at home when he's doing his homework. I know eyes change a lot at his age (8), so we'll have him checked again this summer as a follow-up. I think he looks very handsome in them. He looks even more like his dad now.
My DH is looking around at homes for us now. We're down to the 7 week mark 'til we move. I haven't been doing as much packing as I should, but it's slowly coming along. I try to do a little bit every day. I'm getting pretty "garbage" and "donate" happy. The way I look at it, if it hasn't been used in the last year, then why should I keep it?
Speaking of which, I should probably get back to it. I want to keep on top of my list. Thanks for stopping by for coffee to chat and have a great weekend!
~Melissa

1 comment:
I didn't have anything I wanted to post or talk about this morning either so I just started typing. It looks like we both came up with enough to write about. I'm glad you had a good easter and visit with your friend.
Post a Comment