Good morning! Today just happens to be Friday, and the first of the month, so you get coffee and scripture in the same post! (No Foolin'!) Couldn't think of two things that go together better than that!
Lately I catch myself saying the same three words over and over. "I'm so tired." Often it is a legitimate complaint. Last month there wasn't one single week without someone in our family being ill. Between my bronchitis/sinus infection and the kids' colds/ear infections, I just couldn't wait to lay my head down on my pillow at night. I have to admit though, the phrase has pretty much become like a broken record around here.
Before you decide not to read on because you think this post is going to be a downer, I want to tell you that this mamma now has renewed hope and energy. Let me explain.
Aside from the wonderful fact that I am feeling much better, I am starting to feel the power of God's Word in my life. I have been memorizing two verses a month since January 1st with Beth Moore and the Siesta Scripture Memory Team, and it has made all the difference in me. When I am discouraged, I just begin to quote Scripture and immediately start to feel a sense of peace in my heart. That doesn't mean that all my problems go away. It just means that I am relying on His Word to help me through.
This month when the words "I'm so tired" are on the tip of my tongue, I have chosen to memorize a verse that I can replace them with instead. The verse is Galatians 6:9 (ESV)
"And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up."
Some of you Company Girls out there may recognize the verse from one of last year's Home Sanctuary Posts. It is such an encouraging post about parenting. I was certainly re-energized when I went back and read it. If you'd like to re-visit it or read it for the first time, you can find it in the archives here.
I've had the beautiful picture below hanging up in my dining room on the whiteboard calendar for over a year now, but haven't ever taken the time to actually memorize the verse. Well, now's the time!
If you are in a season of your life where you, like me, feel tired, don't give up! Press on dear sister in Christ, and in due season you too, will reap a harvest from what you have sown.
In His Word,
Melissa


7 comments:
This will sound silly, but I've been convicted of saying "I'm so tired" lately while reading "The Little Engine That Could" ... there is the 'Old Tired Engine' who says, "I cannot, I cannot." I've had to reverse my thinking on that point, too.
Thanks for sharing this verse again.
I am totally with you! The scripture memory has been life changing. It is so exciting to get in a situation and all of the sudden, you KNOW the perfect verse that is needed. I have been so encouraged! My verse this time is simple, "Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you." Psalm 63:3
Thanks for sharing, hope you get some rest this weekend!
Hey there Melissa!
Thanks for the link AND the reminder about the verse. I really fell off the wagon this last year with posting monthly verses....maybe I should just resurrect the old ones!! They are still powerful. I've thought of you, with all that is on your plate, and said a prayer for you! I pray for strength and health for everyone in the family.
I'm excited about your store - and pray for great success.
Loving your music!
Great entry and I remember those days of children at home, sickness, busyness and wondering if I was going to make it. Now, that seems like an eternity ago. And, I only had 2 children. Yikes, can't imagine how full your plate stays with 5 children. But, what an investment you are making. Blessings to you as you "go forth."
Thanks for sharing that verse. It is a wonderful reminder. I'm so glad that your spirit is renewed, and that you are all feeling better.
Glad you are re-energized. Hope everyone is feeling better. Thanks for the reminder of that verse.
Have a wonderful week!
What an encouragement Melissa....Maybe I'll finally get self-disciplined enough to start memorizing scripture too...I'm sure it would help me on the difficult days...which are every day...and I will admit to proclaiming how weary I am. Thanks!
Post a Comment