Saturday, April 9, 2011

Spring Break - Adventures in our Store

Well, it's Saturday, and that means that this family's Spring Break is soon to come to an end.  It's been all kinds of fun.  We started off the week with a trip to Walla Walla to see the store and help however we could.  We spent a few hours stocking up the stationary/coloring book isle.  Then my DH gave the kids three full bins of various items that needed putting away.  It was like a treasure hunt!  After all their hard work, they were rewarded with picking out a couple of items each to take home.  RL loved helping so much that she spent the entire next day at the store with her dad stocking shelves and whatever other misc. assignments he could find for her to do.  Here are a few photos of our "work in progress".

I really like the staff.  They all seem pleasant and hard working.  The applications are still coming in, even though the hiring is done.  While we were in the store, several people stopped in (despite the "Closed" sign on the door) to ask if we were open yet.  One local who is opening her own shop down the street stopped in and bought quite a haul from our overstock section to help set up her office.  

I'm pretty excited for us to open.  I can't believe it's happening this week!  We're scheduled to open our doors for business on Thursday, April 14th. 

The rest of our vacation has been pretty low key in comparison to our trip.  The first night we were back there was a hail/snow storm.  Welcome back to Spring weather in Spokane!  We did have a super nice day yesterday though, which was perfect for some outdoor fun.  

Monday it's back to school and our normal routine.  Before you know it, the end of school will come and then it's moving time!   (A day that will sneak up on me, I'm sure!) 

Have a great day all!
~Melissa

4 comments:

AandW Drive-Thru said...

I can't wait to visit the store when I'm back in the area to see family. I know exactly where it is and hope the grand opening goes smoothly for you all! :)

Karen Whittal said...

Trust that the opening went smoothly, you really gave a lovely "band" of children.

Anonymous said...

Looks like some fun hard work. My parents owned a restaurant and it was fun to help out from time to time. We learned a lot too.

Can't wait to hear about the grand opening.

Kim said...

Are you moving out of state??? We are moving in the summer as well. Out of state....
I hope the opening went well...