Friday, April 15, 2011

Company Girl Coffee and Memory Verse 8

"May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us; establish the work of our hands for us— yes, establish the work of our hands." -Psalm 90:17 

I find that this is an appropriate verse to memorize for the second half of April, since we opened the doors of our new store yesterday.  Throughout this entire process we have been praying for the Lord to direct us and bless our efforts to remain in His will.

When my husband first came to me with the idea of moving and starting up our own store, I had mixed feelings.  I had questions like "Is this the right thing for our family in the long run?" and "Is this the right timing for us?"  We discussed these questions and many more as we started to form a plan together.  It seemed like with every new question that would arise, there would be an answer affirming to us that we were headed in the right direction. 

Proverbs 16:9 says "In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps."  I am so thankful that as we were planning, the Lord was preparing the path before us.  As it turns out, our first day was better than we could have ever imagined.  The favor of the Lord was with us indeed!

May He also establish the work of your hands today and always,
~Melissa

8 comments:

Jennibell said...

Praying God's Will over this store and adventure for you and your family. What a neat thing, that the kids are excited and helpful in your store too. Looking forward to hearing more about it!

Anonymous said...

Yes, that verse is perfect for the new adventure in your journey!

One More Equals Four said...

How exciting! The doors are open! So glad you had a good first day, praying things continue to go well! I have had so much fun sharing in the stories of this adventure. I would be terrified to open a store...but it sounds like so much fun at the same time!

Blessings to you! Hope your first weekend is more than you could have imagined!

Janet Benlien Reeves said...

Congratulations! And I love your choice of verse.

Unknown said...

That is amazing! So grateful for the abundant blessings in your life!

Danyelle said...

Congratulations on the successful first day!

Anonymous said...

Of course you realize we want to hear all the exciting details! Congratulations on a great start.

secondofwett said...

It's so wonderful when we allow the Lord to establish our steps, isn't it...what a great word 'establish'...very solid isn't it? Praying that your store will not only be profitable for you and your family but a wonderful ministry for your community.