Tuesday, October 26, 2010

10 Things Tuesday

It's Tuesday again! I don't think I've ever really explained why I enjoy 10 Things Tuesday so much. It allows me to pause at the beginning of my week, (after the craziness of Monday) and think of the many blessings in my life.

A book I once read suggested taking time at the end of each day to reflect and make a 'gratitude' list. Just three things that you had to be thankful for that day. I still do that sometimes. But here on my blog, I like to record the things that I'm thankful for because then I can go back on hard days and read through the lists and remember that there is always reason to give thanks.

Here's this week's list:
  1. I'm thankful that I have Girls' over-night out to look forward to at the end of this week! It's finally here! We're going to see Beth Moore and stay overnight at a motel downtown. :) So fun!
  2. I'm SO thankful for my husband, who is willing to watch the kids overnight so I can go be with the girls and get refreshed.
  3. I am thankful that I have the right to vote. Though I don't appreciate all the commercials, junk mail, and phone calls, I do appreciate that I have a right to my opinion and have the freedom to express that opinion on my ballot.
  4. I'm thankful for Ibuprofen. Even though I woke up with a headache this morning, the pain is now manageable.
  5. I'm thankful that I have a vehicle to take my children to school every day and pick them up in the afternoons.
  6. I'm thankful that I still have one of my kids at home to keep me company during the day. :)
  7. I'm thankful for friends that take time out of their busy schedule to come over and visit.
  8. I am thankful that I've got a menu plan this week and I don't have to worry about what's for dinner every night. Did I mention that I LOVE my crock pot? It's doing most of the work for me this week!
  9. I'm thankful for all the produce that I got from Bountiful Baskets this week. What a great program!
  10. I am thankful that the snow has decided to stay in the mountains for the time being...brrrrr!
Have a blessed week everyone!
~Melissa

Psalm 105:1-3

1 Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name;
make known among the nations what he has done.

2 Sing to him, sing praise to him;
tell of all his wonderful acts.

3 Glory in his holy name;
let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice.

2 comments:

Karen Whittal said...

You are so right, we really need to count our blessings everyday......

Anonymous said...

Great list! Enjoy your over-night out! I can't imagine life without a car. How to go grocery shopping...hmmm Friends and menu plans are wonderful. Sun is out here, but it is freezing!! Freezing = 61 degrees this morning. =p Have a great day!