Tuesday, October 5, 2010

10 Things Tuesday

There was a time when I posted ten things that I'm thankful for every Tuesday. I stopped because the person that was sponsoring "10 Things Tuesday" stopped posting. (If you're reading this friend, then I hope you don't mind my picking up the label again.) Did I stop being thankful? Absolutely not. In fact, I'm going through a season where it is even more necessary for me to remember to give thanks, lest I be consumed by my sorrows.

There's a song that I've been listening to with my 3yr old that reminded me how important thankfulness is. "I'm thankful, thankful, thankful for everything, yes I'm thankful, thankful, 'cause God gives us all good things." Today I'm bringing back "10 Things Tuesday" with a special twist...I'm making the list with my son.
  1. We're thankful for silly songs that make us laugh.
  2. We're thankful that the sun is out today.
  3. We're thankful for banana bread.
  4. We're thankful for friends.
  5. We're thankful for outings and adventures. (Specifically, going to the grocery store with mommy...and I'm thankful for the shopping buddy!)
  6. We're thankful that Jesus goes with us everywhere.
  7. We're thankful for penguins.
  8. We're thankful for daddy.
  9. We're thankful for toys.
  10. We're thankful for coloring.
What a fun list to make with my son! I love his attitude of thankfulness. He hardly ever thinks about the next thing that he wants, but enjoys what he already has. A lesson that I can certainly take away from this activity.

Have a great day everyone! And don't forget to stop and be thankful today. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's always good to remind ourselves how blessed we are even when circumstances aren't the best.