I woke up this morning and my first thoughts were of Jesus. Isn't that great? I love chatting with Him in the morning, even before my feet hit the floor. Something that I read at the LPM blog (Living Proof Ministries) resonated with me this week. She (Beth Moore) sent out a challenge to be in the Word in the morning. Even if it is only for a few minutes. For me, even to just read a short devotional before I get going with my day is encouraging.
I have a lot of books placed strategically around the house to remind me to take time to be in God's Word. I re-located one of my favorites when I was cleaning out my book shelves in the corner of my living room for one of the small things this week. It is "Praying Through God's Word Day by Day" by Beth Moore. I love to take to Word and write it down in the form of a prayer. God doesn't need to be reminded of His promises, but oftentimes, I sure do.
Lately, there is a couple of verses that has been going through my head over and over. I memorized them last year for the Siesta Scripture Memorization Team, but at that time they didn't really find any real significant meaning in my heart. It seems like I meditate on them and pray them almost every day now. Perhaps that's why it was one of my memory verses last year.
"So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised." Hebrews 10:34-35
Girls, do not throw away your confidence! You will indeed receive what He has promised. God is faithful, and He always keeps His promises.
I pray you have a great weekend!
~Melissa~
11 comments:
I'm so grateful you are feeling better. Looking forward to seeing you...good post today. Good stuff.
Oh Melissa, I needed this reminder today! Don't throw away my confidence. Got it. When I'm this busy and getting criticized instead of recognized (because people always want to pick at things), it's easy to lose my confidence and remember that God placed me in this role. And I'm the same way- I LOVE starting the day with a bit of God's word, even if it's just a teeny bit. I need to keep trying to make that happen!
Staging books around the house is a great idea! I like the idea of having Bible verses scattered in various spots, too. It's a great reminder when you see them to take a quick inventory of your heart and your mind!
Thanks for the link, Melissa! I will have to check out that 40 bag challenge. Glad to hear you're feeling better!
I think I'm going to hang that verse up. I am trying really hard right now to work on being a respectful/submissive wife, but every time I mess up I feel like I'm never going to get there, so what's the point? I was greatly encouraged by this verse, so thanks for posting it!
I am so glad you are all getting better!!! Moms don't get sick leave. Thanks for sharing the link. Have a restful weekend.
So glad you are feeling better and that the family is getting back to healthy!
I loved that post by Beth Moore, too. That blog is a huge encouragement. Love praying the scripture, there is a lot of power there!
Thanks for sharing the verses! Have a great weekend!
Thank you so much for the reminder...I do wish I was more self disciplined to memorize ...I did when I was younger but this old brain is rebelling now....we sure do have days when we need those words in our heart and our brains though!
Thanks for dropping by my blog and your kind words. So enjoyed dropping by yours too. Morning has always been my most favorite time with HIM and then "things" don't prevent me from that special time. So glad you are feeling better and hope it has been a great weekend for you and your sweet family.
That was a wonderful post! Timely for me right now. Thanks.
I did some book rearranging too and came across a good many I'd like to read in the next year. I have books placed around in strategic places too. It helps me get a minute or two in when I can.
Have a great weekend.
LydiaCate
Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog. YOU are inspiring to me! I only have 1 child and wonder how to do it all. I'll be coming back here for inspiration.
Stacy
Post a Comment